- Clinical research jobs
- Quality Assurance Internship
Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Quality Assurance Internship
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Covance)
Baltimore, United States of America
Labcorp is a global leader of innovative and comprehensive laboratory services that helps doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, researchers and patients make clear and confident decisions. We provide insights and advance science to improve health and improve lives through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development laboratory capabilities. The company’s more than 60,000 employees serve clients in over 100 countries, worked on over 80% of the new drugs approved by the FDA in 2022 and performed more than 600 million tests for patients around the world.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2024 Global Internship Program as a Quality Assurance Intern!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- The PGDx Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Team ensures the suitability, safety and effectiveness of next generation sequencing (NGS) medical devices that are developed, manufactured and distributed from our Baltimore, MD site.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Ensure records are reviewed, organized and made available electronically.
- Assist with archiving records from medical device development and production.
- Audit historical records to ensure information is organized and available.
- Opportunity to develop filing systems and re-organize production, training and personnel records.
- Learn to create reports from an eQMS (electronic Quality Management System).
- Establish electronic indexes and matrices to organize Quality Management System documents so information is readily available.
- Become familiar with medical device Quality Assurance and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in Quality Assurance, CLIA Laboratory Quality or Quality Engineering projects as needed.
- Participate in Post-Market Surveillance data review
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedure.
- Working towards bachelor’s degree.
- Interested in medical device document management systems or a Quality Assurance role.
- Ability to create filing systems to manage documents and records.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Can handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools and ability to learn an eQMS software.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and colleagues in a professional setting.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Job posted: 2023-12-04