- Clinical research jobs
- Veterinary Technician
Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Laval, Quebec, CA, H7V 4B3
As a Veterinary Technician for our Toxicology team in Laval, you will be responsible for the well-being of our laboratory animals. Your contribution will ensure the health of our animals, as well as the integrity of our pre-clinical studies.
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and follow the health status of animals under veterinary supervision
- Work closely with our veterinarians to prepare and perform treatment plans
- Perform medical treatments, interventions, and diagnostic tests under veterinary supervision
- Identify potential animal welfare issues and find solutions
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- College Diploma in Animal Health, Bioecology or any related Animal Science discipline
- Able to work physically (lift up to 20 kg, walk, stand, stoop, etc.)
- Good observation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Able to quickly adapt to last minute changes
- Understanding of written English is mandatory. Bilingualism French and English is preferable
Role Specific Information:
- Location: Laval / Free parking / Near the subway Montmorency
- Salary: Starting at 19.50$/hrs. Opportunity to start at higher level and higher salary with specific research experience
- Premiums: Weekend (2.75$//hrs)
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Schedule: Weekdays, between Monday to Friday. Depending on the needs, you may have to do overtime and weekend rotations
- Permanent position as of the hiring, full-time 37.5hrs per week
Why Charles River ?
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage)
- Paid development training
- Employee and family assistance program
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine)
- Vacation & Personal day policy
- Many social activities
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected]. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job posted: 2023-12-15