Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Senior Scientist Method Development
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Ithaca, New York, United States
The Senior Scientist for Assay Development is responsible for assay/method development with moderate complexity and ensures effective delivery against timelines.
- Responsible for planning the development process, writing of methods.
- execution of method development experiments as needed.
- May be responsible for validation of the method and support delivery of analytical testing, as needed.
- Responsible for assay troubleshooting for process optimization.
- May contribute to resolution of lab investigations.
- Responsible for transfer of method to the validation process.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure identified to ensure methods will be sustainable and scalable in laboratory operations.
- Demonstrates advanced domain knowledge to provide input on technical inquiries and provide leadership in troubleshooting projects. Including application of root cause analysis and advanced problem-solving techniques.
- Mentors and trains junior level staff.
- Leads technical projects of low to moderately complexity and oversees the work of those assigned to the project to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Works proactively across functions to ensure effective delivery to the customer and deployment of the assay.
- Contributes to scientific literature and conferences, internal reports, documentation and communications.
- Supports the maintenance and operational standards of lab equipment.
- Participates in the evaluation and validation of new lab instrumentation.
- May present findings to a wide variety of audiences internal and external to Q2 Solutions.
- Maintains laboratory notebooks under applicable regulatory standards and good documentation practices.
- Follows all appropriate lab and company procedures and policies. Performs work in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to Six Sigma initiatives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understands the phase of development relevant to the assigned method and interactions/implications of method development across cross functional areas.
- Sound trouble shooting capabilities.
- Basic knowledge of requirements under relevant regulatory standards for assigned work area.
- Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong organizational skills, and close attention to detail are essential.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain a degree of independence to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Ability to process and apply complex information from various topics.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Demonstrated “everyday leadership” skills.
- Ability to maintain a minor degree of independence to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to bring projects and deliverables to completion under timeline expectations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant scientific discipline required.
- 4 years of related experience in method or assay development or specific methodology area.
- Sound knowledge of assay/method development and scientific principles, theories, concepts, and state of the art instrumentation, typically obtained through advanced education.
Q² Solutions,IQVIA’s laboratory business, creates connected intelligence by combining our expertise, technology and analytics - this fuels unparalleled research & development solutions. We uphold a deep commitment to patients, sites, customers, and each other. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. q2-solutions-eoe
Q² Solutions’ ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status.q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $77,200.00 - $115,600.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.
Job posted: 2023-11-15