Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Consultant
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Primary Location: London, United Kingdom
Additonal Locations: Oeiras, Portugal,PRT
IQVIA is looking for a Biostatistician with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning skills– Senior Consultant level
Location: Portugal, Greece & UK
Join the Methods and Evidence Generation (MEG) Team to help us deliver high‑quality scientific research to our clients in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical (and other) purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?" Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges we face.
- Contribute to the machine learning methodology sections of study protocols, analysis plans, programming specifications and output documents
- Clean and prepare small to large-sized real-world healthcare databases
- Conduct statistical analysis and develop machine learning models on real-world databases as specified in the protocol
- Write-up and present results of statistical analysis and machine learning models
- Assist in the preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences
- Contribute to business development activities including proposal development (writing machine learning methodology sections)
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including large language models
- Recruitment of other AI/ML specialists, including interns
- Coaching/training other team members in AI/ML methodologies
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in a STEM subject (i.e. computer science, engineering, statistics, maths, physics) or in a related discipline
- Strong programming skills in Python (R could also be considered)
- Proven experience working with large, individual-level data sets
- Proven experience developing machine learning models and/or large language models to solve business problems
- Excellent time management skills, contributing to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Exposure to the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Ideally, prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO or other service sector in the healthcare industry
- Experience designing and executing prospective or retrospective database studies
- Interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Publications in peer reviewed journals and/or abstracts in scientific conferences
From camaraderie to professional development, working at IQVIA provides unique opportunities to advance your career alongside a group of diverse and talented colleagues.
Embrace your curiosity and grow your career in an exciting environment where development is a priority.
Think boldly and disrupt conventional thinking.
Enjoy what you do.
You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately, improve outcomes for patients.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
#LI Hybrid#LI Homeor #LI-Onsite
Job posted: 2023-11-16