Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Norway, previously known as Life Technologies, produces and develops Dynabeads that are used in several billion diagnostic tests worldwide. It is a critical component in one of the most promising cancer treatments and is an industry standard in sample preparation products in the research market. The beads are world famous for their outstanding specifications and manufacturing process, which allow use of beads in advanced life science applications. We are proud to work with a Norwegian technology that contributes to saving lives, our product portfolio, our relationships with customers and our mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. In Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be a part of a team that values people, performance, innovation and quality.
Do you want to be part of our journey into the future?
We produce products which are used in break-through technologies, lifesaving assays and clinical applications that demands high attention to quality assurance in all steps of the production and control processes. We are now looking for a lab technician that will work closely with our teams of scientists and researchers to support their work by providing a clean and well-maintained environment.
- Clean and sanitize laboratory equipment, glassware, and workspaces regularly to prevent contamination.
- Ensure the laboratory environment is clean, orderly, and free of clutter. Maintain records of cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Maintain an organized inventory of laboratory supplies, chemicals, and reagents. Monitor and restock consumables as needed to ensure uninterrupted laboratory operations.
- Assist in keeping records of laboratory supplies, orders, and inventory.
- Perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment such as microscopes, centrifuges, and pipettes.
- Dispose of hazardous waste materials following established safety protocols.
- Identify and report any equipment malfunctions or issues to the Lab Manager or Supervisor.
- Follow all safety protocols and ensure the laboratory is compliant with safety regulations.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory.
- Experience with cleaning of laboratory equipment is desired.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 and/or ISO 900 is desired.
- Proficient (spoken and written) in Norwegian.
- You are service-minded and like to work in a fast-changing environment.
- You have a quality mindset.
- You have good communication skills.
What we offer
- Experience in an international company with a global impact
- Be part of exciting projects to improve the human condition.
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
- Opportunity to work with the best teams in the industry, ranging from international top-level scientists to cutting edge process- and production teams and highly creative business- and marketing teams.
- Employee benefits including company cabins at Norefjell and Trysil, 1-hour exercise with a trainer during work hours and private health insurance among others.
Job posted: 2023-11-17