Associate Director, Solutions and Account Management - PV Operations
Parexel International Corporation
USA - Any Region - Home Based
Looking for professional advancement in PV? This is incredible opportunity combines your PV expertise, your client management experience, your excellent interpersonal skills, your energy, and your solutions focused mindset as an Associate Director, Safety Solutions and Account Management. In this role you will have the amazing experience to work with clients on PV projects from pre-award where you will offer your expertise and solutions based upon your profound knowledge of PV operations through project award where you will continue to build upon the relationship you've established and serve as a primary point of contact for clients.
The Associate Director, Safety Services Solutions and Account Management works with clients from pre-award through post-award in the creative design, operational conduct and successful delivery of global pharmacovigilance solutions. S/he works in partnership with operational and commercial teams to optimize new business awards though the development of creative, cost-effective and high-quality competitive strategies and business solutions which differentiate Parexel as a premier pharmacovigilance provider. Post award, the position continues to support the operational team and the client to ensure a smooth project implementation and the offering of strategic solutions which maximize the program’s operational and fiscal delivery. The role serves as the point of contact for issue escalation, governance and ongoing account relationship management. The Associate Director demonstrates expertise and confidence in the services offered by Parexel, supports delivery excellence and mentors project leads.
•Works in partnership with operational and commercial staff to support SBU sales targets, including but not limited to: Strategic guidance for major accounts Identification of new opportunities Development of creative, competitive program offerings Presentations which drive early engagement • Participate as a member of the discovery session to understand the client’s business objectives and system needs and support clients through the pre-award process
• Drive a consultative approach which enables Parexel to develop unique business solutions and positions the value of those solutions to drive industry leadership
• Engages with experts across Parexel and leads the formulation of short term and long-term strategies to maximize value for the customer and differentiate Parexel from its competitors
• When developing solutions, considers operational and financial risks and proactively consults internal stakeholders for input
• Works collaboratively with other members of the Parexel team to ensure Proposals/Work Orders are:
Customer focused Presented professionally, conveying value proposition and critical success factors Achievable with accurate milestones, scope and budget Based upon appropriate assumptions and strategy discussions Delivered to clients in a timely manner while ensuring adequate time for internal stakeholder review Clear and maximize Parexel’s ability to capture scope changes through effective risk assessments • Maintains extensive knowledge of Parexel’s pharmacovigilance offerings and how they relate to other Parexel offerings; utilizes the knowledge to identify business opportunities for Parexel
• Maintains knowledge of industry trends, competition and innovations to best position Parexel offerings
• Participates in capabilities meetings, sales engineering processes, proposal ideation, bid defense meetings and Q&A sessions.
• Promotes the strength and development of Parexel offerings by consistently analyzing feedback and applying lessons learned to new offerings and opportunities QualificationsPost-award account management
• Ensures effective handover to operational team
• Maintains knowledge of project and works with client and operational team to ensure sold solution meets quality, efficiency and financial targets in addition to customer satisfaction
• Coordinates approaches with broader Parexel team, as applicable to solve post-award client issues and provide a unified presence to customers
• Serves as a resource and mentor to program managers and leads
• Demonstrates confidence and knowledge of the services offered by Parexel Safety Services to the point of leading Steering Committee Meetings, Governance Boards and ongoing Operating Committees
• Supports requests for expansions in scope and pursuits of new business for current customers
• Acts as a point of escalation for clients
• Actively participates in leading industry forums and professional organizations
• Consults internally and externally, as requested
• Demonstrates a positive, energetic, 'make it happen' attitude, especially during difficult situations
• Builds strong client relationships, consistently understanding the client needs and serves as the voice of the client.
• Builds strong cross functional relationships in a matrix environment. Strives to understand the opinions and needs of others and remains non-judgmental during problematic situations.
• Proactively collaborates with all stakeholders, considering the impact of the solution on others
• Thinks strategically and creatively while employing pragmatic approaches to delivery
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple, understandable and compelling manner.
• Demonstrates good negotiation skills.
• Manages multiple and varied tasks and prioritizes workload with attention to detail.
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates good general business/operational skills
Knowledge and Experience:
• 10+ years pharmacovigilance/safety services experience
• Experience in developing client safety solutions in a Clinical Research Organization environment to include some experience developing bids and proposals
• Client-facing experience with related skills
• Knowledge of process improvement, including the role of automation for quality and efficiency gains
• Excellent knowledge of ICH, CIOMS and global drug safety regulations.
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotechnical world-markets
Bachelor’s degree, with concentration in life sciences or healthcare-related field preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
Willingness to travel up to 30% may be required
Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Similar CRA jobs
Clinical Project Manager, Immunology and Women's Health
Manager, IT (SQA and CSV Consultant)
Student opportunity - Project Management Support
Senior Commercial Operations Manager (Remote Based)
Sr Project Manager - Infectious and Respiratory Diesase
Therapeutic Strategy Director
16128-Director, Proposals and Contracts
Sr Initiation Clinical Research Associate (Study Start Up Specialist)
Contracts and Proposals Manager
Senior Account/Project Manager
Associate Director, Treasury US
Associate Data Science Director-Advanced Analytics
Associate Director, Analytics Engineering (DTJ)
Contract Administrator II - 4 to 6 month position - Contracts and Invoicing
Associate Director, Operations Team
Professional Sales Representative - Alexandria, LA - 2719859
Drug Safety Associate ( all levels )
VP, Account Management Delivery Oversight
Director, IT - End-user Digital Experience