Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Beerse, BE, 234
Technician Toxicology Req ID #: 188951 Location:
Beerse, BE, 2340 Pozzuoli, IT, 80078 Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, BE, 1030 Tres Cantos, M, ES, 28760 Madrid, M, ES, 28029 Madrid, M, ES, 28029 MILANO, Milan, IT, 20122 Saint Germain Nuelles, FR Madrid, M, ES, 28002 Munich, DE, 80538 MADRID, M, ES, 28029 Cologne, NW, DE, 51105 Dublin, IE, D09 Budapest, HU Amsterdam, NL, 1077 ZX Sant Cugat del Vallès, B, ES, 08174 Barcelona, B, ES, 08003 Madrid, M, ES, 28040 Brussels, BE Madrid, M, ES, 28003 Maastricht-Airport, NL Luxembourg, DE, L-1030 Montpellier, FR, 34000 For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking a highly motivated Technician to join our Discovery site located in Beerse. The role will be based on the Janssen EMEA site, where you will be expected to interact closely with our on-site clients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, conduct and troubleshoot well-established bacterial-based semi-high throughput screening assay to identify compounds inducing mutagenicity and/or bacterial/cellular-based assays to identify compounds inducing genotoxicity/cytotoxicity.
• Laboratory- and compound logistics and request handling.
• Work safely with new drugs of unknown toxic potential and known positive carcinogens using safe working practices and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Work collaboratively with scientists and deliver results in a timely manner.
• Data interpretation and secure high experimental and data quality.
• Documentation of experimental work in detailed electronic lab reports according to departmental standards.
• Communication of assay results to requestors and upload assay results in data warehouse.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technician position:
• B. Sc. or M.Sc. in life sciences with up to 1 year of working experience in a relevant lab environment.
• Considerable knowledge and practical experience of aseptic techniques, culturing of bacteria and/or mammalian cell lines (adherent and suspension) and basic laboratory techniques.
• Hands on experience in broad variance of standard in vitro technologies e.g., but not limited to spectrometry, fluorescence, luminescence.
• Hands on experience with the use of automation and high throughput instrumentation is a plus.
• Experience working with the BSL2 environment is a plus.
• Team player, who takes initiative to help colleagues to meet the team goals and can work closely together with colleagues.
• Flexible mindset and ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain communication across functional groups and requestors.
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong record-keeping skills.
• Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Eagerness to learn and motivated to work in continuously evolving scientific environment.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Data Warehouse, Laboratory, Telecom, Telecommunications, Science, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Maintenance Technician 2 - $500 Sign On Bonus
Senior Director Toxicology France
Research Technician Assistant - Starting at $18.50/hr with $750 Sign On Bonus Eligible 1
Pre Clinical Necropsy (Autopsy) Technician - SIGN ON BONUS $750 | Salary Ranging $20 - $27/hr
Laboratory Technician - Avian Bioassays Services
Phlebotomist/Patient Service Technician-Mullica Hill/Stratford
Cage Wash Technician 2 - $1000 SignOn Bonus
Animal Care Technician 2 1 1
Medical Lab Technician (Haematology)
Research Technician - Pharmacokinetics and Acute Toxicology
Research Technician - Safety Pharmacology *$1000 sign-on bonus
Animal Research Technician - Animal Services 1
Sample Management Technician 1 - $500 Sign On Bonus
Histotechnician 2, Bio-Pharma Discovery
Histotechnician/Histotechnologist - $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Technician 2 Mammalian Cell Banking Technician
Animal Care Technician 3 - $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Research Technician Assistant (Entry Level)
Animal Research Technician (Cagewash) - Animal Services 1 1