- Clinical research jobs
- Director, Marketing
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The Characterization & Inspection (C&I) Segment designs, manufactures, and services a leading portfolio of products for process metrology, continuous manufacturing, and analytical solutions across various market segments such as Clean Energy, Pharma, Food and Polymers. From Labs, Pilot Lines to solutions in Manufacturing, we serve our customers along the value chain.
The Marketing Director leads the strategy process, product management and applications activities for a portfolio of four businesses that make up the segment. From setting the strategy to leading product life cycle initiatives and their deployment across functions, the Marketing Director will be essential in building a trusted, agile & highly differentiated organization in support of the evolving needs of our customers in making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Location/Division Specific Information
This role is part of the Chemical Analysis Division and will be based out of EMEA or US.
- Build the global marketing strategy for the C&I Segment from the business vision of the future state to market segmentation, value proposition, positioning, critical initiatives, cross-functional enablement, and aligning implementation across all geographies and businesses.
- Lead and support a team of marketeers, product managers and application specialists to define, prioritize, and implement long-term product roadmaps and near-term marketing strategies to achieve growth in revenues & profitability.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities globally. Assess competitive landscape, market segment growth potential and lead annual strategy & planning process.
- Develop and increase efficiency of marketing initiatives, ensuring best-in-class messaging, advertising, and promotion of C&I products & workflow solutions in the market.
- Partner closely with Sales leadership to ensure alignment to sales pipeline objectives and demand generation.
- Drive continuous improvement in core marketing capabilities including execution of new product launches in partnership with cross-functional leadership teams.
- Collaborate with strategic development teams across businesses to identify strategic partnership opportunities and implement strategic alliance plans that help improve C&I’s market position.
- Partner with other Thermo Fisher business units to identify new business and market opportunities applying customer access, distribution channels and combined value propositions.
- Build, lead and mentor a team who will exceed targets and deliver outstanding results. Develop marketing capabilities and strengthen long term talent pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA and/or advanced technical degree preferred.
- >7 years experience in leading product management, marketing & application teams in a global matrix organization. Assignments in other functional areas considered a plus.
- Proven experience in Batteries, Pharma and/or Food considered a strong advantage.
- Experienced in leading through transformational change with outstanding people skills, thought leadership, cross-functional collaboration & problem solving.
- Consistent track record in actively managing product life cycle in both mature & emerging markets with high agility in informed decision making. Proactively engages & serves an international sales organization.
- Self-starter, independent working style w/ strong prioritization skills amidst a wide array of activities & resource constraints.
- Continuously challenges the status quo and inspires change to improve the organization.
- Strong customer & employee advocate to enable sustainable growth of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation abilities in English. German & other languages a plus.
- Passionately shares the company’s values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
Job posted: 2024-02-08