- Clinical research jobs
- Director, Quarantine Operations 1
Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Director, Quarantine Operations 1
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Houston, TX, US, 77047
We are seeking a Director, Quarantine Operations for our Strategic Resources department, this position is located in Houston, Texas position.
The following are responsibilities related to the Director Quarantine Operations:
Responsible for a multi-site NHP quarantine and holding operation. Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies and governing bodies. Responsible for daily operations and management of department workforce and resources. Serve as client and regulatory point of contact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Direct the operations of the facility to ensure compliance with standards and requirements set by the National Research Council (Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals), OSHA, AAALAC, USDA, and other applicable agencies and groups as well as compliance with CRL’s internal functional groups including but not limited to CRL’s Humane Care Imperative, Legal, EHS&S, internal accounting process controls. • Develop and maintain current quarantine and holding standard operating procedures (SOP’s) relative to employee occupational health and instruction relative to disease transmitted or shared between humans and non-human primates. • Drives support for CRL’s Humane Care Imperative amongst site staff. • Establishes best practices for quarantine and holding of non-human primates using the guidelines established by USDA, USFWS, CDC, CFIA, CCAC and any applicable regulatory body regulations. • Serve, along with the Sr. Director of NA Quarantine Operations, as a primary contact for USDA, OLAW, AAALAC, and other oversight/regulatory bodies specifically concerned with animal care and use. • Assure that appropriate licenses (e.g., USDA, DEA, etc.) and registrations are in place to provide for the care and use of laboratory animals. Assist in the coordination of reports and responses to inquiries, site visits, or inspections by these bodies. Assure that corrective actions are taken on any cited deficiencies.
• Initiate and direct the development and completion of all projects for continuous process improvement of the operating unit creating and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement amongst the quarantine staff. • Enforce a safety-centric culture by creating and maintaining safety training, injury/illness reporting program and other initiatives encompassing all NHPQ staff in collaboration with EHS&S and HR representatives. • Responsible for all quarantine, holding and distribution of NHPs according to applicable regulations, Safety Assessment demand, capacity constraints, NHP specifications and, as applicable, client requirements. • Responsible for colony health, welfare and husbandry management in conjunction with the veterinary and behavior teams and other NA Quarantine Services Site Leaders relative to C.D.C. quarantine, animal care, enrichment, and husbandry (common and dictated by U.S.D.A.). • Supports and influences business growth by continuously evaluating opportunities and challenges in operating the business and proposes solutions to senior leadership in a timely manner. • Actively participates in senior leadership meetings and functions by sharing best practices, routine business and key project updates. • May travel to other North American quarantine sites to support best practice development and ensure harmonization of business and operating procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in biological sciences or related discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience: Five to ten years experience with laboratory animal management, non-human primate experience preferred. Experience in maintaining AAALAC International, Inc. certification is preferred. Experience in Six Sigma or other quality improvement programs preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: AAALAC International preferred
- Other: Strong interpersonal, organizational, and negotiation skills required.
“The pay range for this position is $170,000 - 190,000 annually. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.”
About Safety Assessment Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected]. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job posted: 2024-02-10