Associate Director, RightSource (Site Lead)
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73102
Associate Director, RightSource (Site Lead) Req ID #: 200036 Location:
Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73102 For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary BASIC SUMMARY:
Responsible for implementing a new cGMP Testing facility in Oklahoma City, OK for our RightSource group. This QC testing site will be fully dedicated to a Monoclonal Antibody CDMO. The focus of the assays will include Environmental Monitoring, in-process testing, Drug Substance release, Drug Product release, and stability studies. This role requires someone who is comfortable setting up a lab from scratch with support from global operations. Includes responsibility for technical oversight and operational performance of Biologics Testing Services performed at the new site in Oklahoma City, OK. Primary liaison with the CDMO client to establish and foster best practice initiatives, provide technical and operational consultation, enhance communication, and facilitate positive client relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Establish and run a new biologics testing cGMP facility at the client site in Oklahoma City, OK. Liaise with global operations, procurement, QA, HR, IT, and other functions in establishing the lab. Provide technical guidance to staff, scientists and clients as needed. Day to day oversight to ensure on-time delivery of all client projects related to biologics testing services. Work within and external to the group to resolve scientific and technical issues. Oversee acquisition and implementation of new technologies. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations, including but not limited to GMP, FDA, and OSHA. Supervise staff and provide excellent service to customers. Responsible for refinement and development of assays as needed to meet current industry standards and the subsequent training of technical personnel in general laboratory skills; reinforce regulatory concepts (cGMP) and specific laboratory techniques. Provide guidance to Customer Service and Sales departments in drafting proposals, reviewing proposals and handling customer relations. Maintain assays in a state of current industry standard validation, including revalidation when necessary to meet regulatory expectations. Document revisions to ensure the laboratory maintains its compliance status. Participate in industry technical and trade groups to enhance the company's image as an industry leader, generate new business leads and strengthen market intelligence. Interact closely with other Site department heads and Charles River personnel to ensure seamless Biologics Testing Solutions operations and client satisfaction. Direct activities of assigned group(s) to ensure optimum performance of the group/function. Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews. Develop short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans. Integrate activities with those of other major organizational units (e.g., segments, departments, functions) Develop and recommend departmental budget and authorize expenditures. Collaborate with site training to implement departmental training programs, including orientation. Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions. Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols]. Perform all other related duties as assigned. Job Qualifications With respect to all assays and tests performed in laboratories managed, the Associate Director of RightSource assures that:
• Study or assay protocols, including any changes, are approved as provided by applicable regulatory requirements and that the protocols are followed.
• All experimental data, including observations of unanticipated responses of the test system, are accurately recorded and verified.
• Unforeseen circumstances that may affect the quality and integrity of the study are noted when they occur, and corrective action is taken and documented.
• Test systems, including reagents, live cells, equipment, or other material are as specified in the protocol.
• All applicable good laboratory or manufacturing practice regulations are followed, as applicable.
• All raw data, documentation, protocols, specimens, and final reports are transferred for archiving during or at the close of the study.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry, Cell Biology, Virology, or a related discipline. M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
• Experience: 6 to 8 years’ experience in contract laboratory environment operating in a cGMP environment. 3-5 years prior supervisory/management experience required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge of cGMPs or regulatory affairs pertaining to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries is required.
• May work with sharp objects, near toxic or caustic chemicals, and with biohazards. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, unpleasant odors, and /or wet, humid and/or extreme temperature conditions.
• May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards
• General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
• Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must regularly communicate with employees/customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing, or sitting for long periods of time, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires occasional domestic and international travel.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About RightSource (Biologics Testing)
The biopharmaceutical industry is growing at an unprecedented pace which is simultaneously changing current testing methodologies. To keep up with the demand, we offer a flexible testing platform which can be deployed on-site at the client site to their exact needs. Our biologics testing lab...in a box…at the client site. RightSource℠ is completely managed and operated using our quality management system, SOP’s, methods, and best practices. It’s as if you shipped your samples to an outsourced lab but walked down the hall instead.
Our Biologics Testing Solutions offers a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Cell Biology, Recruiting, Manager, Science, Human Resources, Management
Similar CRA jobs
Lab Project Leader BioServices
FSP - Senior Clinical Research Associate - Boston
Study Start Up Associate II - Regulatory - Medical Device
Regional Director - Charlotte - 2551421
Clinical Research Associate I
Site Identification and Feasibility Specialist (m/w/d) - office-based or home-based in Germany
Clinical Project Management Director, Internal Medicine
Biotech Partnership Enablement, Director
Senior Clinical Research Associate, Internal Medicine (Contract, East Coast, Home-Based) - IQVIA Biotech
FSP Site Activation Partner
Associate Director Corporate FP&A
Senior Lab Associate
Executive Director, Business Development Specialty Sales
Associate Scientist - Flow Cytometry
Imaging Operations Lead
Director, Project and Program Management
Associate Account Director, Business Development - Biopharma (Home Based)
Research Associate-Cellular & Molecular Biology *1000 Sign on Bonus
Senior Regulatory Affairs Publishing Associate