Warehouse Associate I
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Memphis, TN, US, 38118
Warehouse Associate I Req ID #: 198631 Location:
Memphis, TN, US, 38118 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
We are seeking a Warehouse Associate I for our Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility located Memphis, TN.
The Warehouse Associate I is responsible for performing all activities related to receipt, storage and movement of raw materials in a biotechnology environment.
The following are responsibilities related to the Warehouse Associate I position:
• Work between company locations driving company truck for deliveries and assist in processing Material Request.
• Load and unload truck accurately and safely for warehouse deliveries, as well as securing loads before properly closing vehicle.
• Adherence to all DOT regulations and requirements including keeping a DOT compliant log book.
• Maintain accurate documentation on all departmental log sheets including inventory, lot number, cleaning logs, etc.
• Support receipt of raw materials and client specific materials into inventory and staging the materials in proper storage conditions (room temperature, 2-8C, -20C, -80C) as indicated on the Material Specification.
• Update Supply Chain Database.
• Ensure all materials are properly labeled, segregated, stored, and within expiry dates.
• Follow all established safety guidelines for dealing with hazardous materials.
• Perform inventory cycle counts.
• Always maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse.
• Assist other team members as needed.
• Comply with all departmental and company-wide SOP's.
• Complete and maintain current status with all required training.
• Perform inventory related tasks assigned by Inventory Manager.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Warehouse Associate I position:
• High School Diploma or GED required. (Associate Degree or higher education preferred.)
• 1-3 years truck delivery experience preferred.
• Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver license.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred.
• Experience working in an FDA regulated manufacturing or distribution environment preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and quickly refocus and priorities change in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with other departments and management.
• Ability to stand / walk for long periods of time.
• Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends or holidays as needed.
• Ability to lift 40lbs. without assistance while following proper safety lifting techniques.
• Strong team player.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Recruiting, Supply Chain, Laboratory, Database, Science, Human Resources, Operations, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Associate / Senior Director, Site Intelligence and Activation (remote)
Experienced Clinical Research Associate (CRA II, Senior CRA, Principal CRA) - GOV
Clinical Research Associate, Ukraine
Associate Scientist - Biomarker Project Scientist
Warehouse Supervisor (仓库主管）
Associate Sales Consultant – Entry Level - Orthopedic - Medical Device Sales Support - Baltimore, MD- FYA01765
Competitive Intelligence Associate Intern (Summer 2021)
Associate Manager, Patient Recruitment
Contract Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Oncology, West Coast), IQVIA Biotech
Associate Clinical Data Team Lead - Remote in U.S
AE (Adverse Event) Intake (Databasing), Safety Associate 1 FRENCH/ENGLISH SPEAKER
Associate Offering Management Director, FlexView
Data Visualisation Associate Director
Associate Group Leader -- 2nd shift-- Vaccines - Automation Team
Contract Senior Clinical Research Associate, Hematology, East Coast US IQVIA Biotech
Associate Director, Customer Success
Equipment & Metrology Compliance Associate
Sr. Associate Regulatory Submissions
Associate Business Development Liaison (Biopharma- Remote)