Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Memphis, TN, US, 38118
Distribution Manager Req ID #: 188914 Location:
Memphis, TN, US, 38118 For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking a Distribution Manager for our Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility located in Memphis, TN.
The Distribution Manager performs and oversees all activities related to storage, issuance and shipping of both raw materials, finished drug products and our client-specific materials. This is a hands-on position where the Manager will function alongside the Shipping Supervisor and Distribution Coordinators in completing daily tasks. In addition, this position works closely with the Purchasing Director, Inventory Control and Receiving Manager to manage all inventory.
The following are responsibilities related to the Distribution Manager position:
• Coordinates the daily activities of the Shipping Tasks.
• Is well acquainted with all departmental and company-wide SOP's and ensures that department employees are in compliance with those SOP's.
• Develop SOPs and WIs for new processes.
• Ensures inventory accuracy at all times including counts and location.
• Ensures that all storage equipment is properly maintained.
• Collects and reviews all departmental documentation ensuring that Good Documentation Practices are followed.
• Assists in generating/revising departmental documentation to include SOP's, Work Instructions, deviation notices, etc.
• Complies with DOT/IATA regulations regarding shipment of dangerous goods.
• Acts as liaison between the department and other departments.
• Follows all established safety guidelines for dealing with biohazardous and biological materials.
• Always maintains cleanliness and orderliness of all department-owned areas.
• Assists in training new employees.
• Oversee warehouse operations.
• Oversee the transportation of goods from production site to consumer to client.
• Develop and implement a logistics process.
• Inventory goods that arrive from manufacturer.
• Ship finished products.
• Handle incoming raw materials.
• Deploy truck drivers.
• Lives the Charles River core values of Care, Lead, Own, and Collaborate
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Distribution Manager position:
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in an FDA regulated shipping, manufacturing, or warehousing environment.
• GMP experienced preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and quickly refocus as priorities change in a fast-paced environment.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with other departments, management, and clients.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Access, Word, and Excel required.
• Willingness and ability to work off-shifts and weekends as job demands dictate.
• Ability to work a rotating on-call shift.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds without assistance.
• SAP experience required.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Distribution, ERP, SAP, Science, Operations, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Start Up Associate Project Manager
(Sr) Project Manager - Expanded Access, Rollover or Open Label Extension Studies
Senior Manager, Data Management
Osteoarthritis Account Manager – Sanofi – Western Plains (CO - UT - WY - MN) – 2669633
Marketing Operations Project Manager
Clinical Project Manager, Oncology (EU, Home-Based) - IQVIA Biotech
Clinical Research Line Manager (m/w/d)
Executive Compensation Manager
Business Developer Manager - M/F - LTC
Territory Quality Manager
Associate Manager, Safety Operations Team - Regulatory Reporting
Senior Manager Operational Excellence
Project Manager - Late Phase Research
Senior Clinical Trial Manager
Clinical Operation manager
Clinical Project Manager - Phase II/III clinical trials
Principal Clinical Data Manager - IQVIA Biotech
Oncology Client Manager - bridging the gap between science and business
Country Trials Manager - FSP
Clinical Trial Manager