Research Scientist I- Bioanalytical Chemistry
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Cleveland, OH, US, 44128
Research Scientist I- Bioanalytical Chemistry Req ID #: 206394 Location:
Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Job Summary BASIC SUMMARY:
Serve as a method development scientist in the conduct of assigned nonclinical research studies of basic to moderate complexity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently develop new and/or refine bioanalytical methods, followed by successful validation and transfer into Operations.
• Partner with other MD Scientists, Principal Investigators, Operations Chemists, and Management to ensure method scope and performance meet the client's requirements.
• Assist in assay troubleshooting, with a sense of urgency.
• Contribute to the development of novel assays that evolve CRL's current analyte and/or platform offerings.
• Consideration of operational efficiency and cost when developing methods.
• Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
• Contribute to presentations/posters/manuscripts and attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or Ph.D. highly preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 6 to 7 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree, 3 to 4 years with a Master's degree, 0 to 2 years with a Ph.D.; in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industries.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Hands-on experience with bioanalytical sample extraction techniques and the use of LC-MS/MS instrumentation is required. Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft(R) Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and work/ type at a computer.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee may occasionally be required to wear protective clothing (goggles, face shield, surgical mask, cap, gloves, scrubs, boots), work near toxic or caustic chemicals, work with biohazards, and/or work with live animals with risk of exposure to allergens and/or zoonotic diseases.
• The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, unpleasant odors, and/or wet, humid and/or extreme temperature conditions.
• This position may require occasional travel.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Research Scientist, Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, Scientist, Science, Research
Similar CRA jobs
Method Development Scientist
Experienced Clinical Research Associate (CRA): Client-Dedicated - Home Based
Senior Clinical Scientist / Medical Monitor - Oncology
Senior Data Scientist - Provider Solutions
Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist - Surgery and Efficacy Study Directors 1
Scientist - Bioanalytical Method Development
Scientist - GMP , SEC , Method Validation
Freelance Clinical Research Associate (CRA) - Belgium
Sr. Clinical Research Associate, Oncology/Phase I (East Coast) – IQVIA Biotech
Laboratory Research Assistant
Scientist - Serology
Senior Observational Research Specialist (ORSS)
Support Scientist - Musculoskeletal Research
Research Specialist III
Sr. Research Study Technician - $2K sign-on bonus
Contract Clinical Research Associate, CNS/Acute Stroke (US/West Coast) - IQVIA Biotech
Scientist I - Protein and Purification Operations, Large Molecule
Scientist - Quality Control Testing