Sr. Account Manager - Safety Assessment Sales (CA territory-REMOTE))
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
Sr. Account Manager - Safety Assessment Sales (CA territory-REMOTE)) Req ID #: 205114 Location:
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US S. SanFrancisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Northridge, CA, US, 91325 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Carlsbad, CA, US, 92010 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Francisco, CA, US, 94158 Redwood City, CA, US, 94063 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Alameda, CA, US, 94502 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Brisbane, CA, US, 94005 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 Irvine, CA, US, 92612 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Bothell, WA, US, 98021 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Hollister, CA, US, 95023 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 San Diego, CA, US, 92109 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Emeryville, CA, US, 94608 Menlo Park, CA, US, 94025 For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary Providing centralized, multi-site coordination to ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive responses to sponsor requests. Work with Business Specialists, Scientific Operations, Business Coordination and Business Finance, Client Services, and other teams, as required, to ensure that a high-quality customer service is provided.
Create and execute a long-term strategic sales plan for assigned target accounts with established repeat business behavior and which are of importance to the organization in order to maintain and increase market penetration/share, improve customer satisfaction, and improve sales growth and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement a sales plan that incorporates all SA services across all of the client's sites. This will include at minimum a high level strategic plan.
• Develop and implement a communication strategy (internally and externally) to make sure that all constituents with accountability within the client and CR are informed of all ongoing activities.
• Develop strong relationships at all levels within the client including high, executive level, of large target accounts focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship.
• Represent Charles River Laboratories to the customer and advocate for the customer within Charles River Laboratories.
• Accountable for the development of monthly sales estimates (forecasts) for assigned accounts.
• Create and maintain a detailed analysis of the customer(s), including organizational structure, key executive profiles, R & D focus, key therapeutic initiatives, pipeline, internal strategic initiatives
• Develop an in depth understanding of the customer needs, buying behavior, purchasing & decision making approach and recommend creative solutions, methods, and procedures to meet customer expectations.
• Provide leadership for the continued development of the process including initiatives that will improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide cross-selling opportunities to other sales partners as might be available
• Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required.
• Qualify sponsors' requests to ensure that an appropriate response is provided.
• Properly qualify all inquiries to provide the appropriate information for the development of Statement of Work.
• Develop and/or review Statements of Work and Change Orders to deliver to clients.
• Provide any pricing information to operations and Client Services to maximize business performance
• Follow up with clients to ensure that proposals are complete and answer their needs.
• Coordinate and facilitate proposal processes to ensure smooth and timely business process flow by working with Scientific Operations, Business Development, Business Coordination, Business Finance and Client Services teams.
• Interact with Scientific Operations and Scheduling teams to identify the dates for study initiation and assist with rescheduling studies, as needed.
• Update and maintain applicable databases.
• Assist with client visits, including giving presentations.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned. Job Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Life Sciences or related discipline. Master's of Business Administration (MBA) or life science preferred.
• Experience: 5+ years selling or working with both products and services in the pharmaceutical, medical device or healthcare provider sectors required; biopharma R&D experience preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Quality Assurance, Biology, Biotech, Laboratory, Science, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Project Manager, Based In Estonia (Tallinn or Tartu office)
Associate Clinical Project Manager - Real World Evidence
Senior/Clinical Trial Manager, Oncology, Remote - IQVIA Biotech
Project Set-Up Manager in Clinical Trials - Work from home in the UK
Site Activation Manager
Medical sales representative respiratory Antwerp
Senior Clinical Trial Manager, Oncology/CAR T (Home-based) - IQVIA Biotech
Orthopedic Specialist Representative (Wound Closure & Biosurgery) – Medical Device Sales - Greenville, SC - UYA26743
Clinical Project Manager, IM
R&A Solutions Manager
Manager, Business Development
Key Account Manager-Public Health
(Sr) Project Manager - Oncology / Hematology Team - Remote in US/Canada
Clinical Trial Manager - Vaccines and ID
Senior Project Lead Patient Safety Solutions
Professional Sales Representative - Birmingham, AL- 2625413
Senior Manager, Patient Recruitment
Professional Sales Representative - Central, FL - 2719859
Lab Manager - MALDI