ICON Public Limited Corporation
Office Based, Groningen
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart.
As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun while you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry!
Are you one of them?
At ICON, we have an incredible opportunity for an experienced HR Manager with potential to progress to more senior roles , to join the team in our HR Team.
The HRM is part of the EMEA HR Operations team and works closely with colleagues in the HRM team, our HR Business Partners, Shared Service Center, business partners and all HR Centres of Excellence. This is a key HRM role based in the Netherlands supporting together with 2 other HRM our business operations within the Netherlands and Belgium (1700 employees). Focus area will be supporting our major early phase clinical trial clinic facility as well as the broader portfolio of CRO operations.
The successful candidate will work with the Regional HR Director on acquisition integration , labour relations management with Works Council and Trade Unions, the rollout of key HR programmes with business partners, e.g programmes such as Performance & Reward, Organisational Design / restructuring support, Development & career-path planning, culture & engagement and people leader development.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager (5+ years as a HRM) with a demonstrable ability to partner with and provide both support and challenge to business leaders and key stakeholders . The role calls on the HRM to switch easily between strategic, tactical and operational tasks.
- Delivery of complex case management advice on key areas such as disciplinary, performance management redundancy, long-term sickness and Issues that require country specific interaction.
- Responsible for management of employee relations, legal compliance and ensuring HR policies meet these requirements in designated country or region
- Actively work with Managers in your region to highlight and identify key trends and issues arising from data such as exit interviews, employee engagement surveys, turnover reports, absence and performance reviews and propose specific plans to assist and advise improvements
- Support the implementation of people strategies and plans through the rollout of HR programmes and through the provision of local country insight into the broader HR team
- Partner with in country leadership and site heads to maximise in ctry employee engagement
- Build tight-knit relationships with key Managers within your country (or countries) of responsibility and also with the offshore managers who have people management responsibility in these countries
- Provide a proactive HR consultation service to all people managers advising them on all issues that arise in their teams
- Work closely with the HR Service Centre Manager and the HR Service Centre Team to ensure a smooth transition on local issues and ensure clarity on when the team should hand over or raise
- Support and coach people managers on complex employee Issues
- Other duties as assigned
What you need
- Experience working within a large, global organisation which utilises shared service models and cenres of excellence
- Data Analysis - uses data to build business case, drive decisions, help interpret a situation
- Employee , Labour relations & compliance – strong employee relations experience and exposure to labour relations processes with for example Works councils, balancing difficult situations, mitigating risk and proposing solutions
- Project management – can lead projects, engaging key partners, handles risk
- Change management – advanced ability to inspire change plan & engage partners
- Executive presence - Enthusiastically speaking up with issues while recommending a solution
- Eye for business – understand business drivers, key financial measurements, align and prioritize HR processes and practices to support organization’s vision and goals.
- Policy – Able to inspire change, facilitate communication and dissemination of policy
- Diversity and Culture – identifies gaps & tap into expertise to recommend/influence action plans or solutions
- Collaboration - Build strong working relationships and ability to effectively influence and have crucial conversations with key partners.
Why join us?
ICON is a dynamic organisation and this is an exciting time to join it as a key member of our EMEA HR Management team. The role will provide the opportunity to play an important role in a large scale acquisition integration and change, significant breadth of activity as well as the opportunity for future career progression
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a HR Manager, you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to improve your skillset. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we sincerely care about our people and their success.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
EOE race/colour/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet/national origin
Job posted: 2023-02-16