Principal Statistical Programmer (Oncology) UK
Parexel International Corporation
United Kingdom, Remote
The Principal Statistical Programmer will be recognized as a subject matter expert, providing technical support and expert advice to internal and external sponsors, and works independently to support various programing activities related to the analysis and reporting of clinical study data. In addition, the Principal Statistical Programmer can fill the Statistical Programming Lead role on projects and liaise with sponsors, Biostatistics Leads, Data Management Leads, and other functional areas as required. Further, the Principal Statistical Programmer will monitor quality, timelines, resource allocation, and productivity in relation to budgets.
Minimum Essential Skills and Experience Required:-
* Sound hands-on programming with proven team lead experience (Ideally 5+years of work experience in a programming role preferably supporting clinical trials/ or in pharmaceutical industry)
* Must have solid programming experience supporting Oncology trials
* Knowledge of the ADaM dataset used for Oncology with a good demonstrated understanding of its purpose / must be familiar with the SDTM domains used in Oncology
* Sound RECIST knowledge
* Solid SAS programming in the clinical trial industry with relevant qualification.
Additional Preferred Skills / Experience:-
* Computer science, mathematics, life sciences or related field
* Fluent English (oral and written)
1. Advanced SAS experience and proven skills in the use of SAS within a Statistical Programming environment to develop and validate deliverables
2. Advanced experience in contributing to statistical analysis plans and/or constructing technical programming specifications
3. Good knowledge of industry standards including CDISC data structures as well as a solid understanding of the development and use of standard programs
4. Good understanding of regulatory requirements relevant to Statistical Programming (e.g. GCP, study procedures).
5. Good communications and negotiation skills, ability to work well with others globally
6. Experience as Trial Programmer, including coordination of internal or external programmers on a given study/project
Key Duties Include:-
1. Lead statistical programming activities as Trial Programmer for either a large/pivotal study or several studies, or act as a Lead/Program Programmer for a small to medium sized project in phase I to IV clinical studies.
2. Co-ordinate activities of all programmers either internally or externally assigned to the study/project work, mentor other programmers in functional expertise and processes. Make statistical programming decisions/
recommendations at study or project level.
3. Build and maintain effective working relationship with cross-functional teams, able to summarize and discuss status of deliverables and critical programming aspects (timelines, scope, resource plan), e.g. as member of the extended Clinical Trial Team (CTT).
4. Review eCRF, discuss data structures and participate in data review activities as member of the extended CTT.
5. Comply with company, department and industry standards (e.g. CDISC) and processes, assess and clarify additional programming requirements at project-level, review and develop programming specifications as part of the analysis plans.
6. Provide and implement statistical programming solutions; ensure knowledge sharing.
7. In consultation with the Statistician, responsible for development of programming specifications of analysis datasets and pooled datasets.
8. Ensure timely and quality development and validation of datasets and outputs for CSRs, regulatory submissions/interactions, safety reports, publications or exploratory analyses (as required) in the assigned drug development study/project according to specifications.
9. Responsible for quality control and audit readiness of all assigned statistical programming deliverables as well as accuracy and reliability of statistical analysis results.
10. Maintain up-to-date advanced knowledge of programming software (e.g. SAS) as well as industry requirements (e.g. CDISC SDTM/ADaM, eCTD, Define.xml), attend functional meetings and trainings.
11. Establish successful working relationship on individual studies with external associates according to agreed contract and internal business guidance.
12. As assigned, act as subject matter expert (SME) or contribute to process improvement/non- clinical project initiatives with a focus on programming and analysis reporting procedures.
Clinical Research Jobs
Site Contract Lead
Placement Student – Clinical Data Engineer
Study Start-Up Leader (Multiple European Locations)
Consultant, Resource Management
Data Surveillance Analyst
Clinical Research Associate II
Clinical Research Associate II (FSP)
Senior Medical Writer
Bilingual Marketing Analytics Intern
Shared Services Team Lead