Parexel International Corporation
Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
Parexel's Early Phase Clinical Unit located in the MedStar Harbor Hospital is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the team. This position will work closely with the Vice President, Unit Head ensuring administrative tasks are completed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support as directed, may include updates, finalization, printing, dispatch, distribution and filing of documents and correspondence
- Assist with scheduling and set up of meetings, agendas, and minutes
- Assists in maintaining calendars for assigned personnel
- Receives guidance and processes selection of meeting facilities, material and equipment needed, and food/beverage requirements.
- Supervise and/or conduct travel arrangements and expense reports
- Supervise and/or conduct ordering of department equipment and supplies
- Supervise and manage department inventory to ensure timely ordering
- Supervise and/or conduct the preparation and distribution of reports, newsletters, department communications etc.
- Screens calls and initiates resolution of questions/issues on routine matters without consultation with others and evaluates them in terms of importance.
- Greets visiting clients and guests, notifying staff members on their arrival and providing general assistance involving routine matters.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant Parexel systems, services, policies and procedures
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Represent Parexel to clients in a positive and professional manner
- Highly service oriented, demonstrate knowledge in coordination and competence for communication at all levels, efficiently organized
- Takes initiative while working independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Expert knowledge on Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an administrative position
- Prior experience working in a medical setting (hospital or office) preferred
- Education: minimum High School Diploma or GED
This role may be subject to government and/or customer requirements regarding vaccination against COVID-19 that are more stringent than Parexel policy. Accordingly, successful applicants may need to be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
Clinical Research Jobs
Clinical Trial Coordinator
Trial Patient Payment Associate II
Biometrics Project Manager / Delivery Lead
Senior Director, Biostatistics - APAC region
Senior Health Economics Consultant
Clinical Vendor Contracts Analyst - FSP
Clinical Contracts Analyst II
Senior Contracts Specialist
Lab Data Specialist I
Associate Manager, Study Start Up (FSP)
Financial Analyst II