Tax Accounting Manager
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Wilmington, MA, US
Tax Accounting Manager Req ID #: 57194 Location:
Wilmington, MA, US For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking aTax Accounting Managerfor ourFinancesite located inWilmington, MA.
Responsible for preparation and review of key components of the income tax accounting process, including determining the quarterly effective tax rate, preparation of year-end current and deferred tax calculations, assessing quarterly journal entry requirements, and preparing SEC disclosures. Oversees global income tax return compliance and return-to-provision processes.
The following are minimum responsiblities for theTax Accounting Managerposition:
• Prepare the Company’s effective tax rate calculation in accordance with ASC 740 on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Review subsidiaries’ year-end tax accounting submissions and work with non-U.S. controllers to finalize. Address auditor questions and requests.
• Prepare uncertain tax position computations, including current year reserve additions, adjustments to prior year, computation of interest, and impact of audit settlements.
• Prepare all provision to return templates and adjustments for non-US subsidiaries prior to filing returns. Ensure adjustments are properly input into tax accounting software.
• Review tax account roll forwards prepared by non-US controllers and manage consolidated account reconciliation process.
• Responsible for loading and maintenance of non-US tax provision data in Onesource Tax Provision software
• Prepare documentation related to SOX 404 controls including updates to controls and monitoring compliance on a quarterly basis with controls. Work with Internal Audit and PWC in their walkthrough and review of controls.
• Assist with the global tax compliance process including coordination of tax return calendar with non-US controllers, liaising with outside tax advisor, monitoring status of completion, and addressing ad hoc issues and concerns as they arise.
• Monitor changes in Federal and International tax law and assess their impact to CRL.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and software automation functionality
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications for the Tax Accounting Managerposition:
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline. Masters in Taxation preferred.
• Experience: Four to six years or directly related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: CPA preferred
• Other: Strong communication and organizational skills. Experience with Onesource Tax Provision preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Science, Management, Research