Sr. Software Engineer
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
Sr. Software Engineer Req ID #: 84691 Location:
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Corporate IT group. This position can be remote, based in the US.
The position is responsible for transforming designs and the product vision into highly effective and reliable business applications. Coordinates with multidisciplinary teams to plan and prioritize activities and resources, coordinates the work of developers and provides leadership on process and practice. Stays on top of fast changing technology and invests a lot of energy in learning new capabilities. Knowledgeable on industry trends in development and aware of what the near future will bring. A love for high quality solutions and a passion for continuous improvement.
The following are responsibilities related to theSenior Software Engineer:
• Leads and oversees the building of applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required.
• Lead and coordinate developer activities as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Contribute to the analysis, design, development, implementation, integration and documentation of software systems
• Understand the business domain and works with business leaders to continuously develop a shared understanding of existing and new technologies, practices and techniques relevant to optimizing RMS business processes.
• Ensure code follows the latest best practices and industry standards and is compliant with applicable guidelines and regulations (e.g., SOX, SOP, GLP, GMP, etc.).
• Work closely with other developers to understand and properly use available APIs
• Challenges ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts to improve value, velocity, quality and security
• Lead and direct users to provide appropriate information, facilitating change where required.
• Work closely with users, other computing personnel and suppliers of computer systems to identify/isolate software problems and faults.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned. Job Requirements The following are minimum qualifications related to theSenior Software Engineerposition:
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
• Experience: Minimum of 10 years related experience in web development. Experience as a developer on a cross functional agile team is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Highly-developed understanding of and Agile methodologies and use of Application Lifecycle Management tools
• Experience in low-code development, particularly the OutSystems platform is desirable
• Understanding of RESTful APIs and how to use them in practice
• Ability to write effective unit, integration, and end user automated tests
• Must have in-depth knowledge of current IT technologies and state of the art practices
• Must have well-developed leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills including influencing & aligning.
• Able to apply extensive advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve highly complex and unusual problems.
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Biotech, Manufacturing Engineer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Science, Engineering