Biostatistician 2, Real World Evidence -Portugal
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Porto Salvo, Portugal
Statistician, Healthcare Oncology - Porto, Portugal
Integrated Real - World Evidence and Solutions team (IRES)
We are strategic thinkers, innovative technologists, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists whom are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and disruptive. Plus, we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
If you have the right levels of intellectual curiosity and a passion to discover the real impact of medicines in the real world, then you’ll fit right in.
This role will offer you a unique opportunity to work on novel, large, clinically rich data in oncology working as a key member of a small, dedicated team. This opportunity arises as a consequence of a partnership between IQVIA and the healthcare data owners: the context for your work will be the cross-over between the IQVIA IRES team, the oncology centre and the applications of real world data for life sciences clients.
Concretely, this role requires capabilities in the preparation and analysis of anonymised patient-level data, according to agreed protocols and statistical analysis plans. The audience for these analyses will be varied, including clinical teams, service managers, academics and life-sciences customers.
The successful candidate will have excellent programming skills (e.g.R, python, Stata or SQL) in extracting and preparing bespoke study data from clinical data, creating and documenting datasets for analysis. You will be encouraged to play a role in organising and streamlining the data extraction process.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate the study of a broad set of interesting analytical and statistical questions that are directly related to care delivery and patient outcomes. Given the application to a clinical services setting, this role will provide exposure to additional aspects of data set management and enhancements, including both exploratory approaches to insight generation and the design and development of management reports and dashboards.
As Statistician, Healthcare Oncology, you will have the opportunity to contribute to all stages of retrospective database studies, including:
- Study design
- Helping to choose appropriate approaches, data management, analytical and statistical design to meet study objectives. This may in the longer term also include interventional studies and direct collection of patient reported data
- Develop approaches to analyse a novel dataset
- Contribute to writing of study proposals, including statistical analysis sections
- Data preparation and management
- Extract data from databases, write code to prepare analysis of datasets according to study protocol or SAP
- Project documentation and procedures
- Document processes for data extraction and organisation
- Develop procedures for efficient data extraction and re-use of code
- Develop data dictionaries etc. as required
- Provide assistance in the write up and presentation of the results appropriate for the intended audience
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Candidates interested in joining IQVIA IRES as a Statistician, Healthcare Oncology will have:
- Prior experience and comfort with working with large-scale data relating to healthcare
- Strong programming experience (R, python, or alike)
- Ability to independently undertake data quality check and prepare cohorts using real-world databases
- Has experience of creating tables and visualization of data
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A commitment to work collaboratively & effectively with others in and across teams with different expertise
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Familiarity with working with large real-world cancer healthcare data
- MSc (or equivalent) in a STEM field, or Medical Statistics, Bio-informatics or a related field
- Experience working with prospective and/or retrospective oncology studies, including database analyses
- Experience working in close collaboration with clinicians
- Experience and knowledge of current issues in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.