Research Associate 1- Temporary (Weekend F-Sun)
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Ashland, OH, US, 44805
Research Associate 1- Temporary (Weekend F-Sun) Req ID #: 180551 Location:
Ashland, OH, US, 44805 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary Supervises and coordinates all study-related activities of research technical staff to ensure compliance with the protocol and applicable SOP’s and maintains the raw data for nonclinical studies.
The following are responsibilities related to the Research Associate 1 (Team 5S) :
• Coordinates assignments to facilitate scheduling of study-related events on assigned studies (in conjunction with other departments) to ensure protocol requirements are met.
• Scope of work is limited to routine studies of short duration, generally in small numbers of animals with some supervision.
• Responsible for the accurate preparation and review of study calendars from draft and final protocols and ensuring all protocol-driven activities are accurately scheduled.
• Monitors scientific projects, and the conduct of procedures in accordance with the study protocol, and applicable SOP’s.
• Acts as liaison between technical staff, internal departments and Study Director on assigned studies.
• Begins to communicate with Sponsor representatives (e.g., the Sponsor, or third party laboratories subcontracted by Charles River Laboratories, Safety Assessment or the Sponsor) on protocol-driven, study-related activities conducted by Technical Operations (e.g., shipment of biological samples in support of assigned studies).
• Responsible for the preparation of study notebooks, organization of study data, and timely review of all study-related data generated by Technical Operations (according to established metrics).
• May perform limited technical activities as needed.
• Participate in the team meetings.
• Coordinate ordering of study equipment and supplies.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Research Associate 1 (Team 5S) position:
• Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in related scientific discipline.
• Experience: 2 years of related experience in a GLP environment. Experience with research and investigative procedures, techniques and literature.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: LAT preferred
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Mansfield
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Research Associate, Biotech, Research, Science
Similar CRA jobs
Senior Clinical Research Associate - Bilingual English/Spanish
Senior Research Assistant (BioAnalytical)
Associate Clinical Project Manager - Late Phase Oncology (UK/Europe) - IQVIA Biotech
Senior Site Contracts Associate (Home/Office-Based) - IQVIA Biotech
Senior Clinical Research Associate
Associate Applications Admin
IQVIA Solutions/ Real-World Data Consulting/ Analyst, Associate Consultant, Consultant
Associate Manager, Clinical Operations, Russia
Site Operations Associate
Project Manager - Late Phase Research
Associate Project Manager, BioServices
Observational Research Specialist II - Contractor
Associate Research Director
Senior Clinical Research Associate - OSG FSP – Contract/Temporary Opportunity
Associate Scientist, Sample Prep
Senior Clinical Research Associate, Rare Disease, (Contract, Home-Based, Northeast) - IQVIA Biotech
Associate Manager, Depot and Production
(Associate) Director, Study Start-up (remote)
Associate Director, eClinical Solutions
Clinic Research Nurse- Per Diem