Parexel International Corporation
Durham, North Carolina
The Executive Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support for Corporate Vice President & Chief Quality Officer / Vice President / Senior Vice President / Senior Director / Director related tasks and will be able to work independently
with minimal supervision. As a well-organized and flexible team player, the Executive Assistant shall carry out all expected functions to the highest standards of quality and efficiency with professionalism and confidentiality.
• Responsible to ensure executive’s time is effectively utilized and to manage and understand their needs, liaising with colleagues on a global basis to manage projects, reporting, and information flow, internally and externally.
• Work with the executive to maximize his / her efficiency by collecting and organizing incoming correspondence/materials.
• Produce drafts and finals of outgoing correspondence, emails, announcements, and other materials to colleagues and clients.
• Proactive in assessing the executive’s workload in order to identify opportunities to provide additional support to him / her.
• Screen calls and emails in the absence of the executive, using own initiative and responding as appropriate or escalating where necessary.
• Interact with Senior Management, Vice Presidents, Clients, Investors, and International Offices as required.
• Provide support to visiting senior executives from other Parexel offices by organizing accommodation, transport, lunches, etc.
• Responsible for heavy, intricate calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings across multiple time zones and cultures.
• Arrange meetings – source the venue, communicate the logistical details to the delegates, provide master formats, distribute the agenda and materials where necessary, attend to ensure the meeting minutes are accurately recorded. Advance scheduling and coordination
of all regularly-occurring meetings.
• Gather and collate information, consolidating data as agreed to ensure executives are prepared for all meetings and teleconferences, prompting where action items have been allocated.
• Arrange travel to worldwide destinations, draft corresponding itineraries, and collate all necessary paperwork and visas.
• Ensure expenses are claimed and reconciled, resolve any issues.
• Procurement ordering, AP processing of invoices for payment, and resolution of reconciliation discrepancies.
• Provide support and consultation on matters related to quality, quality strategy, and compliance. Support the Quality cause in areas of business to raise and maintain awareness of quality and quality standards.
• Global SharePoint collaboration and administration. QMS and Quality Connect Core Team member and content owner providing support, maintenance, standardization, and guidance in all aspects of SharePoint as representative of executive and leadership team.
• Identify potential opportunities and develop appropriate strategies / solutions for proposal to Corporate Quality Leadership Team.
• Manage and maintain relevant / departmental data and databases as appropriate, including static and Active Directory distribution lists and access permission levels in SharePoint / Connect and PMED.
• Provide basic, remote IT support services, escalating to appropriate technical resources.QualificationsSkills:
• Advanced knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, Skype for Business, SharePoint, and Concur.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – able to communicate on all levels.
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple, conflicting deadlines with enthusiasm and attention to detail and within agreed timelines
• Ability to work in a customer-focused, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple and varied tasks.
• Proactive individual, able to work on own initiative.
• Ability to liaise with senior management within Parexel and external organizations.
• Experience in dealing with strict adherence to confidentiality requirements
• Forward-thinking team player with a flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
• Ability to successfully work in a (“virtual”) team environment.
• Effective time management in order to meet daily metrics or team objectives.
• Shows commitment to and performs consistently high-quality work.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience supporting those at the Executive level.
• Thorough understanding of the department structure.
• Exposure to global operations and / or professional services.
• Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience.EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.