Medical Director - Ophthalmology (US or Canada OR LATAM)
Parexel International Corporation
USA - Any Region - Home Based
Parexel's Medical Ophthalmology team is growing!
Working in Parexel's Medical Sciences team offers you exposure to top pharma clients, and emerging biotech companies. You will utilize cutting-edge science to uncover new insights and answer challenging questions about the most common diseases, but also rare and ultra-rare diseases that you might have just read about in your training. Working with outstanding colleagues in a multicultural team enriches your work experience. Gain flexibility and control of your schedule compared to working in a clinical or an academic setting. Join Parexel for an impact on global health way beyond the possibilities of an individual.
As a Medical Director at Parexel, you will provide medical monitoring for assigned projects, function as medical representative on the project team, provide medical consultation as required or requested to clients/sponsors or to other Parexel service groups, and assume the role of Senior Technical Lead in selected circumstances.
Independently deliver all medical support required for successful delivery of projects:
• Participate actively in study planning with feasibility leaders, solution consultants
• Participate in project team and investigator meetings
• Provide training of study teams on Therapeutic Area indication and protocol
• Participate in the development and/or review of study documents
• Medical Monitoring
• Support regulatory safety reporting activities
• Review all individual adverse experience reports for accuracy and clinical importance, and characterize their relationship to the study drug, severity and seriousness
• Review data listings of safety data, including adverse experiences, laboratory data, and vital signs data, to establish the presence or absence of abnormal trends, and if noted, follow up as appropriate with the project team, sponsor, investigator
• Review coding of adverse events and concomitant medications for accuracy and consistency
• Participate in periodic rotas including night and weekend shifts e.g. for emergency medical contact and emergency unmasking phone requests
> Provide medical expertise / leadership in Proposal Development Teams for client bid pursuit meetings
> Support Business Development
>Participate in activities to raise, coordinate and promote Parexel medical expertise both internally and externally including but not limited to internal therapeutic area meetings, training modules development, white papers, slide sets, publications, conference attendance, etc
> Support patient centricity, diversity and inclusion in all projectsQualificationsJob Qualifications
> Successful applicants will have an MD degree from an accredited Medical School, with Board Certification and/or equivalent subspecialty training in Ophthalmology
> Clinical practice experience in Ophthalmology
> Previous experience as a Glaucoma Specialist is highly preferred; however, consideration will be given to highly qualified candidates with other specialties
> Fluent in English, with excellent writing skills
> Good knowledge of the drug development process including drug safety with experience in clinical aspects of drug development, including all aspects of Medical Monitoring and study design/execution is a plus
>Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact well with sponsor/client counterparts.
> Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention
> Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
>20% travel is required
Please submit resumes in English for immediate consideration.
Qualified candidates in CST, MST, or PST in the US or Canada will be considered as well as those in LATAM.EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.