Senior Reg Affairs Specialist - CTA (Clinical Research Field)
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
We are currently seeking a Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our global Regulatory Affairs department –Regulatory Scienceteam. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your regulatory career and expertise in a global clinical trial setting.
In this role you will be a pivotal team member with regulatory affairs responsibilities, leading discussions, and coordinating regulatory strategies globally on assigned (Phase 1 to 4) clinical trials, studies and projects.
You will be part of a global team providing innovative solutions and global regulatory expertise, being client interfacing to provide strategic regulatory intelligence and guidance.
You will feel confident providing regulatory advice and carry out projects in the provision of regulatory affairs services whilst acting as liaison with internal and external clients.
You will act as a representative of the regulatory department with other departments, supporting business development, working on initiatives, and contributing to quality improvement. You will also arrange, lead, and report on client and regulatory agency meetings.
The following skills are required to be successful in this position:
- preparation and assembly of global regulatory submissions
- interacting with sponsors,
- review and assess clinical trial regulatory documents,
- review and assess scientific literature.
- manages project teams and preparation
- participate in launch meetings, review meetings and project team meetings.
- Experience with bid defense meetings
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree preferred, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
- Knowledge of the global clinical trials landscape
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent command of the English language (written and oral) as well as local language where applicable
- Excellent attention to detail and quality as well as excellent editorial/proofreading skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and act as a liaison with other departments
- Advanced computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; capable of learning new technologies
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills to create and follow timelines, conduct long-range planning, adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects
- Capable of working independently and exercising independent judgment to assess sponsor regulatory needs and work with project team members to producing compliant deliverables
- Excellent understanding of global/regional/national country requirements/regulatory affairs procedures for clinical trial authorization; expert knowledge of ICH and other global regulatory guidelines
- Excellent analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD Clinical Research Services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Clinical Research Jobs
Medical Director/Associate Medical Director
Statistical Programmer II
Clinical Research Associate - FSP
Local Study Associate Director
Associate Manager, Data Management
Observational Research Lead
Site Contract Manager
Experienced Payments Analyst - Study Start-Up
Clinical Trial Associate - Client-dedicated - Belgium