Solutions Support Consultant, Safety Services
Parexel International Corporation
India - Any Region - Home Based
Business Card Job Title Solutions Support Consultant, Safety Services
Job Code 819
Department Global Safety Services
SBU Clinical Development
Reports To Lead, Solutions Support Consultant, Safety Services
Directly Supervises N/A
Provides Work Direction to N/A
Works Closely with Safety Services team members, SBU Leaders and teams, Commercial Operations team members
External Relationships Current and Potential Clients
Billable Job ☐ Yes ☒ No
Select One ☒ Individual Contributor ☐ People Manager
The Solutions Support Consultant, Safety Services works in partnership with the Solutions and Account Management Associate Director(s) and Director(s) and operational and commercial teams to optimize new business awards though the development of creative, cost-effective and high-quality competitive strategies and business solutions which differentiate Parexel as a premier pharmacovigilance provider. S/he demonstrates Safety Services subject matter expertise and supports delivery excellence. The Solutions Support Consultant, Safety Services will also function as a representative on departmental/ company-wide initiatives and be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of business tools and material.
Accountability Supporting Activities
Provide oversight and input to Safety Services proposals • Monitor incoming proposal, budget and solutions requests and assign resources as appropriate
• Under the direction of the Safety Services Solutions and Account Management Associate Director or Director, support the development of high-quality proposals, budgets, bid defense presentations and responses to Request for Information (RFIs) involving Safety Services. Examples include but are not limited to:
• compiling slides for bid defense presentations,
• working with Business Intelligence to respond to RFIs, and
• providing pertinent information for the creation of a meaningful proposal.
Represents Safety Services to other Parexel Business Units • Work with other Parexel Business units to ensure Safety Services is appropriately represented in cross-functional proposals/initiatives
• Appropriately seeks representation of key Safety Services stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) when requests require support that is outside of personal expertise
Ongoing maintenance of Safety Services business tools • Routinely consults with others and updates business tools as needed to ensure accurate and current tools are readily available to the Solutions and Account Management team. Examples include but are not limited to proposal/RFI text repository, slide library, case studies, metric logs and master budget spreadsheets for Safety Services tasks, units and contract assumptions.
Subject Matter Expertise • Upon the request of the Vice President/Director, Safety Services and Account Management, supports departmental and company-wide initiativesQualificationsSkills:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with developing budgets and financial spreadsheets
• Client- and results-focused approach to work.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm whilst prioritizing challenging workloads and maintaining high attention to detail.
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and value the importance of teamwork.
• Leadership & motivation skills.
• Strategic thinking & initiative.
• Collaboration & creative thinking.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 3+ years’ experience in pharmacovigilance in the pharma or pharma services industry
• Experience in sales support and/or operations in the safety arena providing direct experience with safety processes and systems, methodologies, and related health authority guidelines and regulations
• Good working knowledge of global regulations and guidelines preferred.
• Health or life science degree