Senior Java Developer
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Our Java- and Scala-based flagship product sits on the cutting edge of technology and is a scalable, distributed enterprise engine built on Apache Spark that processes terabytes of data to conduct both mathematical calculations and data transformations. We’re also developing proprietary Machine Learning and AI based-solutions for Natural Language Processing in the area of Clinical Trials data anonymization. The work we do spans the entire spectrum of enterprise feature development, data analytics at scale, UI design and development, statistical modelling, and algorithm design all the way down to low-level algorithmic optimizations.
This role is for a new product built on a modern architecture using micro-services, Springboot, Angular, Node.js, etc.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop Java-based enterprise software that is part of Privacy Analytics’ risk measurement and anonymization products;
- Create or enhance micro-services;
- Own and drive whole Epic Stories;
- Become familiar at a high level with the deep learning code that powers the product;
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Professional Services and Technical Documentation teams in an Agile environment;
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and planning meetings;
- Write fast, understandable and unit-tested code;
- Work closely with QA and contribute directly to automated tests to ensure quality, on-time product releases.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or a closely related educational background
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with medium-to large-scale enterprise application system development through complete lifecycles is an asset
- An analytical mind and great communication skills
- A practical, team-oriented approach, and strong trouble-shooting skills
- Demonstrated experience applying design patterns
- Spring/Springboot experience is a definite plus
- Docker/Kubernetes knowledge an asset
- Cloud software development experience is also an asset
This position is with IQVIA’s Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. We’re a company on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation, working with some of the largest health analytics businesses in the world utilizing heath data to help find cures for today’s biggest diseases, including cancer, heart disease and HIV.
Located downtown in the heart of the national capital region, Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals’ identities are protected.
If you’re ready to contribute to a rapidly growing area helping to improve healthcare and ready for the next stage of your career, then we want to hear from you! #CareersWithPA
Privacy Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more atjobs.iqvia.com.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.