Director, Market Access Communications (US)
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD)
Waltham, United States
Director, Market Access Communications – EVIDERA (US)
Evidera is a business unit of Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions and part of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
Location/Division Specific Information
We are looking to fill this fully remote-capable role in the US
The Market Access Communications team is a group of medical writing experts who develop Global Value Dossiers (GVDs), AMCP dossiers for US payers, Health Technology Assessment submissions for various global markets, value stories and related market access offerings for clients in the biopharmaceutical industry.
IMPORTANT: a cover letter describing your qualifications is required, along with your resume to be considered.
Discover Impactful Work:
In this role you will be working closely with the practice lead, the focus being excellence in project delivery, combined with staff and business development. This role includes contributing to the overall growth and strategic direction of the team, building company-wide collaborations with senior Evidera staff, responsibility for relationship management and thought leadership.
A day in the Life:
- Hands-on leadership of projects with Market Access Communications focus but also larger cross-team projects, allocated according to availability, client familiarity or history, and disease area knowledge, with overall responsibility for successful project delivery (quality, timeliness, client satisfaction, and financial performance).
- Build and maintain new/existing client relationships, responsible for successful project delivery.
- Originate content as required, particularly for those tasks requiring senior input, e.g. value story, market access strategy, payer concerns.
- Line management of several mid/senior-level staff members (coaching, mentoring, monitoring development needs, and conducting performance reviews).
- Identify opportunities for selling across Evidera practices: either collaborative or stand-alone projects involving dossiers and other offerings.
Keys to Success:
- Advanced degree in life science field
- Advanced degree in life science field
- Significant experience in medical writing/communications.
- Line management experience and desire to manage/grow/develop a team.
- Ability to align end deliverables with a client’s strategic objectives.
- Understanding of market access, experience in developing value dossiers and a basic understanding of health economics.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including presentations
- Proven organizational and leadership experience
- Required: Expertise with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
The salary range estimated for this position is $145,000 - $236,000 USD. This position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of offer.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan
- A wellness program, and valuable health incentive opportunities for company contributions to a Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Tax-advantaged savings and spending accounts and commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and volunteer time off in accordance with company policy
Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Clinical Research Jobs
Clinical Trial Coordinator
Trial Patient Payment Associate II
Biometrics Project Manager / Delivery Lead
Senior Director, Biostatistics - APAC region
Senior Health Economics Consultant
Clinical Vendor Contracts Analyst - FSP
Clinical Contracts Analyst II
Senior Contracts Specialist
Lab Data Specialist I
Associate Manager, Study Start Up (FSP)
Financial Analyst II