Principal Lead Super User
Parexel International Corporation
USA - Any Region - Home Based
The Principal Lead Super User is responsible for leading a team of role-based Super Users to deliver excellent support service to CRS. Ensure that the SUs are experienced, well trained, and provide highly accurate and timely advice and responses to end user questions.
Lead a culture of service excellence and consulting mindset within the Super User teams.
Provide extensive input into new or changed processes or technology, representing the end user view that will lead to the maximum efficiency and productivity, and stay connected with the implementation of the changes within the business.
Provide a high level of expertise in the systems and processes a role uses and follows, and be able to demonstrate and present this information internally or to our clients with clarity and confidence.
Report metrics regularly to management regarding the performance of the Super User team. Clearly demonstrate the effectiveness of their support as well as any recommendations or actions that are being taken to improve the metrics further.
• Proactively identify issues related to the SU processes, structure, etc. and recommend potential solutions to the senior management team.
• Assist in identifying Super Users (SUs) in Operations and interviewing them for the Super User (SU) role to ensure they are suitable and qualified for the SU position.
• Coordinate day-to-day work activities for all Super Users for the function they support, including regular communication with the SU's line manager on progress and performance.
• Schedule, coordinate and manage SU meetings, including setting agenda and taking / distributing minutes.
• Manage the service desk queue and ensure questions are assigned to SUs and answered promptly and correctly.
• Regularly perform a holistic review of end-user reported questions and incidents to look for patterns and systematic issues that can be proactively addressed before becoming a serious issue for that role. Where possible, quickly work with the appropriate groups to fix training, process or system issues that are the root cause of these issues. This includes attending incident management meetings with the system owner, if appropriate.
• Solicit, capture and maintain user feedback, suggestions and comments on systems and processes by the end users. Communicate regularly with CRS system owners and process leads to feedback this information, with the intention the suggestions may lead to improvements in the systems and/or processes.
• Oversee knowledge management system and role based FAQs, Guides & Job Aide documents that are non-controlled documents.
• Ensure SUs are promptly and correctly trained on the systems they support, including system / process changes related to new versions or new process improvement initiatives.
• Manage SU resources for assignment to UATs, process improvement initiatives (inc. Kaizens), Client / Bid Defense presentations etc. according to business need and priority.
• Manage / grant SU access to pre-production sandbox environments
• Manage role based SharePoint sites - Including the regulation of forums and materials, updating documents, posting news and bulletins, and generally monitor the content to ensure it is current and up to date.
• Lead technology related CAPAsQualificationsSkills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Consulting mindset, able to question before jumping to solutions, and identify the right questions to ask to discover the root cause.
• Able to think tactically and strategically for the formation of system implementation or change management plans, and able to assess the impact on and empathize with the end user in the formation of these plans.
• Service excellence mindset; fast and responsive to questions and always willing to try to positively improve the situation.
• Able to translate complexity into clarity for a wide audience to understand.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
• Willingness and ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
• MSc/BSc in a related discipline or very extensive relevant experience in the industry.
• Excellent verbal and written English
Minimum Work Experience
• Significant experience and thorough understanding of the Clinical Research Services role that is to be supported (e.g. Project Leader, Clinical Research Associate, etc.), with actual time spent performing the role in operations preferred, but not mandatory if the experience and understanding can be demonstrated.
• Thorough understanding and experience of Clinical Research Services and the general business processes performed.
• Thorough understanding and experience of the systems and processes used and performed by the supported role.
• Extensive experience of supporting systems and working in a service orientated organisation, preferably having worked in a support capacity for a period of time.
• Extensive experience of system implementation, training, support and maintenance, preferably for systems utilised by the supported role.
• Significant consulting experience and able to demonstrate the consulting mindset.
• Significant experience of working with global teams across different time zones and understanding of cultural differences.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.