Senior EDC Programmer (Home/Office-Based) - IQVIA Biotech
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Program and test Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems for conducting clinical trials. Coordinate tasks and resource allocation for a given project under the supervision of a Principal EDC Programmer or the Manager of Project Programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a Principal EDC Programmer or the Manager of Project Programming to coordinate programming group tasks and resources during EDC system development
- Maintain the Programming Master Plan for any assigned projects
- Maintain and administer the source code repository for any assigned projects
- Work with a Principal EDC Programmer or the Manager of Project Programming to ensure that budget constraints are being adhered to for any assigned projects
- Work with Data Management resources to design EDC systems that are user-friendly and adhere to departmental standards & best practices
- Mentor other Programming and Data Operations staff members, and provide code reviews as needed for other team members
- Investigate potential system bugs, recommend solutions as appropriate, and provide documentation to management and project teams as needed
- Perform same duties as described for EDC Programmer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of clinical research process and methodology.
- Understanding of current GCP, ICH, and FDA guidelines and regulations applicable to conduct of clinical research.
- Ability to help supervise resources and plan long-range tasks for EDC development.
- Ability to train other project programming staff as needed.
- Ability to manage software releases and report software issues to EDC vendor.
- Ability to program electronic case report forms (eCRF’s) and edit checks within an EDC system.
- Experience using Visual Basic / VB Script, SQL (preferably Oracle), HTML, and XML.
- Ability to work creatively and independently to carry out assignments of a complex nature.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with other professional staff members.
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, and tools that will facilitate the clinical trial process.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in programming; or Associate’s in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in programming; or high school diploma (or equivalent) with 7 years of work experience in programming; or equivalent combination of experience and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.