Manager, Clinical Operations Leaders (CTMs) - Home Based
Parexel International Corporation
USA - Any Region - Home Based
Parexel has an exciting opportunity to join our Clinical Operations Leader team. We currently have a home-based Manager, Clinical Operations Leaders position that can be located in the US or Canada. This is a great opportunity for an experienced manager, or a current COL/CTM with prior line management exposure wanting to move into a position focused on line management, leading a team of Clinical Operations Leaders (CTMs)
The Manager, Clinical Operations leaders is responsible for their team’s performance, training and development. This includes ensuring successful performance and delivery of their team’s project deliverables, on time with high quality. The Manager is responsible to resource client projects with suitably developed professionals and to retain and develop these professionals within Parexel. The Manager may also be part of a project team and be responsible for successful delivery their own project deliverables. The Manager is responsible to promote new business by participating in project bids and client presentations as appropriate. The Manager is responsible to provide clinical consultation to project teams as needed. The Manager works independently, under supervision of the Senior Manager, Associate Director or Director.
Project Delivery Management and Oversight
• Monitor performance by close interaction with project leadership/functional leadership and ensure that ongoing/revised project documentation and correspondence is accurate and complete.
• May be responsible for own assignments as project team member. This may include but not limited to taking the role of a senior level contributor on a project team and ensuring high quality and timely delivery of own deliverables, generating study specific status reports for study teams, Sponsors and/or management, and attend project team meetings as required at the project level
• Provide consultation, facilitate metrics collection and develop action plans in conjunction with Management/Project Leadership/Leads to keep project on time and within budget.
• Manage and oversee team activities including appropriate resourcing of staff, staff assignments, quality control and efficiency of project deliverables
• Where assigned, produce accurate resourcing plans in conjunction with appropriate Project Team Members, including but not limited to facilitating appropriate resource identification and assignment, and monitoring resource needs throughout the project as needed.
• Serve as an ongoing liaison with Project Team, Sponsor and management regarding performance of direct reports
Performance Management, Staff Development and Talent Management
• Provide technical support to staff to ensure that they have the required knowledge to fulfill their duties
• Ensure direct reports meet departmental and project productivity and quality metrics by efficient execution of their project in line with project plan by conducting quality check of deliverables (e.g., on site visits, Central File documentation) and take appropriate remedial action
• Meet and aim to exceed client expectations by recruiting, retaining and developing a skilled, experienced and motivated team
• Manage and develop the staff to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives through training, mentoring and allocating staff according to their ability
• Support staff to improve their efficiency and effectiveness at prioritizing work and improving performance evidenced by the work produced, client feedback, audit results and QC measures
• Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales
QualificationsSuccessful candidates must have demonstrated experience working in the Clinical Operations Leader (CTM/CPM) role directly and / or prior line management experience of a related clinical team working in a CRO ( ideal), Pharma or Biotech environment. Prior line management experience leading a team in a clinical environment is desired.
Degree level (biological science, pharmacy, or other health-related discipline preferred) or equivalent nursing qualification or relevant clinical other equivalent experience.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.