Senior Clinical Project Management Director, Infectious Diseases
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Senior Clinical Project Management Directors are an integral part of project trial delivery liaising with clinical teams to improve patients’ lives by bringing new drugs to the market faster. The senior CPM Director is part of the core project team responsible for clinical delivery and oversight of complex, global full service, multi-regional studies or a program of studies to meet contractual requirements and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. Clinical Project Management is focused on project delivery, productivity and quality resulting in strong financial performance and customer satisfaction. The senior CPM Director focus is on leveraging therapeutic expertise and IQVIA’s suite of solutions to drive operational excellence and strategic leadership with our customers.
• Contribute to the development of the project delivery strategy for RFPs. Participate in bid defense preparations. Lead bid defense presentations in partnership with business development for large, complex, multi-service, multi-region studies or programs. Understand project strategy and operationalise the agreed upon approach.
• Oversee the development of integrated study management plans with the core project team.
• Oversee the execution of clinical studies as per the contract while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery and ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
• Recognize systemic issues at the program or portfolio level and identify solutions with the project teams, recommend actions to improve efficiencies and oversee the implementation of best practices, address escalation items with the customer.;
• Set objectives of the core project team according to agreed upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and assess performance.
• Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
• Oversee progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally.
• Responsible for the oversight and team management of large and complex studies or programs of studies.
• Responsible for portfolio management with one customer or therapeutic area.
• Manage strategic risk (positive and negative) and contingencies proactively and lead problem solving and resolution efforts.
• Achieve project quality by identifying quality risks and issues, responding to issues raised by project team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and preventative action plans.
• Serve as primary project/program/portfolio contact with customer and own relationship with key customer contact(s), communicate/collaborate with IQVIA business development as necessary.;
• Drive consistency of operational delivery across customer’s projects/programs/portfolio.
• Build the cross-functional program/portfolio team and lead their efforts.
• Responsible for ensuring the financial success of programs/portfolio.
• Forecast and identify opportunities to accelerate activities to bring revenue forward.
• Identify and communicate strategic lessons learned and best practices to promote continuous improvement.
• Participate in, champion and adopt function and/or corporate initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments, act as a client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent.;
• Bachelor's Degree Life sciences or related field Req
• Requires extensive knowledge of multiple job areas obtained through advanced education and experience.
• Viewed as a leading expert within the field by peers.
• Requires 15 years clinical research experience including 10 years of project management experience.
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Knowledge of clinical trial conduct, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements, i.e., ICH GCP and relevant local laws, regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct.;
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Broad protocol knowledge, therapeutic knowledge desired.;
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Good understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions.
• Communication - Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English language Strong presentation skills.
• Problem solving - Strong problem solving skills.
• Leadership - Ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics, monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback, experience productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to advance work effectively and efficiently.;
• Leadership - Ability to make decisions, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results.
• Organisation - Planning, time management and prioritization skills.
• Organisation - Ability to organize resources needed to accomplish tasks, set objectives and provide clear direction to others, experience planning activities in advance and taking account of possible changing circumstances.;
• Prioritisation - Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
• Prioritisation - Ability to work strategically to realize project goals, identifying and developing positive and compelling visions for the successful delivery of the project.
• Quality - Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
• Quality - Results-oriented approach to work delivery and output Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
• IT skills - Good software and computer skills, including MS Office applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Collaboration - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients. Excellent customer management skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues.
• Cross-collaboration - Ability to work across geographies displaying high awareness and understanding of cultural differences Good understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter-relationship with Project Leadership.
• Finances - Good understanding of project financials including experience managing, contractual obligations and implications.
• IQVIA Core Competencies - Ability to demonstrate all IQVIA competencies (Client Focus, Collaboration, Communication, innovation, Ownership).
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.