LIMS Product Lead
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Covance)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Note: Remote work available.
Responsible for the design, functionality and implementation of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for defining and supporting the LIMS to be used by multiple lines of business that perform specialty laboratory testing. Responsible for all aspects of future laboratory LIMS solutions, to include setting workflow direction, defining workflows, gathering requirements, integrating with existing products, deploying solutions and training users.
- Participates in the Laboratory Systems team and collaborates in accomplishing defined LIMS initiatives. Participates in the development of the overall IT strategy for LIMS development and deployment.
- Coordinates and manages the evaluation of risk assessments and change management for new disciplines migrating to the LIMS. Develops measurements and measures LIMS deployment and performance.
- Represents department in business meetings through good verbal and written communications and presentations.
- Partners with Operations Lead to ensure successful build of workflows, deployment of enhancements, and implementations.
- Establishes and maintains an effective combination of internal team skill sets, department relationships and vendor relationships necessary to meet or exceed technical needs for laboratory requirements.
- Fosters good working relationships with all departments while managing business expectation levels. Promotes, represents, and shares knowledge and experience with team and operation.
- Employs excellent requirements management skills and translates requirements into technical development of current or future products and/or services.
- Supports a collaborative environment of candor, trust and mutual respect.
- Develops appropriate technical, operational and scientific knowledge to provide superior guidance to team.
- Ensures compliance with company methodologies and processes to meet regulatory requirements and good business standards.
- Adheres to all appropriate corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Meets company, department and individual objectives.
- Ensures recording of all business related activities in resource accounting system and required status updates to account for hours spent and accurate communication to higher level management.
Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science with 6 years of experience in related field.
Prior experience leading custom design and development of LIMS.