Manager, Event Communications and Planning
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Covance)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
The Manager of Events Communication and Planning serves as an individual contributor within the Marketing organization, working with across the marketing team and greater Commercial team and reporting into the Sr. Manager of Events Communication and Planning. This position focuses on delivering the Covance brand experience through events such as industry tradeshows and symposia, including the promotion of such events, that lead to an increased value perception of the company.
This role leads timeline development and planning, manages the scheduling and task assignments, and acts as the focal point for communications around all events. The successful candidate will collaborate with key stakeholders to determine goals and objectives for each event, recommend tactics to support these goals, measure and report on the success of each event and help improve and refine our processes for event management.
- Lead selection of venues, budgeting, securing sponsorships, handling logistics, handling event marketing, negotiating with sub-contractors and evaluating event effectiveness that drives sales and generate awareness. Drive stakeholder conversations to gain alignment.
- Lead the registration process for all attendees, lead pre-event training and post-show debrief.
- Manage day-to-day operations of global master calendar and mange budget tracking for events.
- Coordinate the evaluation of department metrics including tracking promotional delivery and other metrics for event impact, online experience impact, and executional ROI, to help establish best prac
- Manage third party relationships to ensure event needs are met
- Recommend process improvement initiatives to help streamline and optimize the event planning and evaluation process globally.
- Ensure excellent customer service and superior customer event experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or communications
- 5 Years of experience in the job discipline
- 2 Years of experience in other professional roles
- Other required work-related experiences: able to effectively negotiate, tactfully interact with all levels in organization and externally, strong analytical and reporting strengths