Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Mattawan, MI, US, 49071
Research Associate-Biomarkers Req ID #: 134051 Location:
Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary A Research Specialist - Laboratory Sciences is responsible for: validating and following established methods to quantify chemical entities according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or GxP regulations. The individual in this role demonstrates proficiency in the use of instrumentation and laboratory techniques; effectively applies his/her experience and knowledge to conduct method validations and troubleshoot method issues. This individual contributes to the department by working independently, completing assigned projects on time, participating in process improvement initiatives, and communicating effectively with others. More specifically:
a. Performs quantitative and semi-quantitative ligand binding assays on multiple platforms including but not limited to BioPlex and Spectrophotometer
b. Performs method development and validations to support pre-clinical and clinical studies during the large molecule drug development process
c. Follows all applicable study protocols and methods.
d. Performs a variety of laboratory techniques including buffer and solution preparation, equipment calibrations, tissue lysis, ELISA, cell culturing, etc.
e. Collection of data is accurate and contemporaneous
f. Performs scientific evaluation of data; troubleshooting assay if necessary
f. Collaborates across multiple departments in order to adhere to timelines and produce quality data
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Research Specialist position: · HS/GED and 12 or more years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree and 6 or more years of relative experience or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree and 2 or more years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.· · An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Demonstrated proficiency using laboratory software application, including laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and data acquisition software.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints. Competencies Care - We show we care when we respect each other, our animals and the communities where we work and live, when we create a positive healthy workplace, when we are mindful of our compliance standards, and when we choose to do the right thing.Collaborate -We collaborate when we partner with each other and promote teamwork, when we communicate clearly and effectively across the hall or around the globe, and when we welcome all forms of diversity and encourage inclusiveness.Lead - We lead when we advocate our purpose and model our values, when we deliver innovation, when we embrace change, and when we appreciate and celebrate the great work of others.Own - We act like owners when we hold ourselves accountable for our actions, when we respond to internal and external client needs with speed and accuracy, when we set and achieve meaningful goals, and when we strive towards continuous improvement.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Kalamazoo
Job Segment: Research Associate, Toxicology, Biotech, Chemical Research, Research, Science, Engineering