Business Intelligence Analyst
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Information and Performance Management – Business Analyst
Flexible Location:Spain, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic or Romania
Technology Solutions' Global Delivery organization contributes to the implementation and ongoing support of the IQVIA technology product portfolio at Life Sciences clients around the world. The scope of Global Delivery includes:
• Serving the needs of IQVIA Regional Business Units to deliver IQVIA Tech Solutions product offerings either in full, or in coordination with their regional Delivery teams
• End-to-end delivery coverage for the full SDLC (implementation through support)
• Leadership of complex multi-country or integrated solutions, particularly in Europe (Program/Project Mgmt, Business Analysis, Solution Architecture)
• Supplying skilled technical resources from low-cost delivery centers in Europe and South Asia (Dev/Config, Testing, Service Desk, Tier 2 Support)
The Information Management (IM) and Performance Management and Insights (PMI) Business Analyst position ensures successful project delivery by designing and delivering, in close relationship with architects and technical developers, end-to-end Master Data Management (MDM), Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for IQVIA Clients.
As Information and Performance Management Management Business Analyst, you will:
- Be accountable for the overall writing of business requirements, analysis of Client data as key inputs to the design of technical MDM and CDW solutions, as well to BI and analytics solutions
- As a business analyst, you will ensure this analysis is done with an end-to-end business process perspective in mind – most of the time this will consists in the analysis of data across Data sources (One Key among others) – MDM – CRMxx, or, for the “pre-commercial” domain, the analysis of Clinical, R&D, pharmacovigilance data source that will feed a product MDM solution
- Produce “data architectures”; you will analyze the data (profile the data), determine key business rules, and devise target data architectures
- Ensure that business and functional conditions are in place for a successful delivery of the MDM / CDW / BI solution; more specifically, you will assess Client readiness from a business perspective; if needed, you will provide recommendations and plans to address “non readiness” issues
- Work hand-in-hand with delivery managers to ensure escalations (from Clients or internal from RBU/Country stakeholders) are addressed adequately; the Integrated Business analyst to address business and data issues and propose adequate solution in coordination with the technical lead, and architect in the projects
- Engage with customers on regular basis (project kick-off, project meetings, workshops with business stakeholders)
- Within a project, functionally advise the technical delivery team (onshore, nearshore and/or offshore) as per needs
- As a Business analyst, work closely with additional teams contributing to the delivery of Information Management solutions, including PMO, offshore technical delivery centers and service management.
- Work closely with the Information Management and the Business Intelligence product teams, to get full knowledge and understand the IM products (MDM and CDW) and PMI products (BI, analytics); provide feedback to the product roadmap, anticipate impact on the assigned IM projects.
- Work closely with RBU (Regional Business Unit) Information Management leaders to understand IM and BI projects forecast and regional specifics
- Participate in the business development process for IM and BI opportunities as needed
- Coordinate with the One Key team and maintain a close business relationship
- Coordinate and establish a relationship with other delivery teams (OCE, Compliance, Quality Management, Content Management) as per IM and BI project needs
Skills & Experience – Must have
• 8+ years' experience managing Information Management and Business Intelligence project implementations
• Fluent in English and one 2 others key European languages
• Strong Data warehousing and dashboard / reporting design skills
• Strong MDM and Data Management functional and business skills
• Strong data analysis abilities – ability to make “data speak” / get insights from data
• Ability to deliver “data architectures” – starting from data profiling / analysis, defining business rules, define target data models
• Ability to work with project teams geographically dispersed
• Deep knowledge of SaaS business model and end-to-end delivery model, with specific expertise in IM Implementation in a complex systems landscape
• Robust experience designing and delivering complex IT solutions
• Expert in Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Warehousing including experience and knowledge of one or several underlying technologies
• Expert in various modern BI technologies such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI
• Additional qualifications: used to deliver with an agile approach, as well as with other iterative / hybrid approaches
• Demonstrated success building effective relationships with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders, including senior business leaders and associates across different functions
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to match stakeholder expectations to urgently deliver exceptional results
• Excellent communications, problem solving, functional and technical skills
• Experience in global roles; understanding of cultural sensitivities and time zones required.
• Flexible, periodic travel for internal and client meetings
Skills & Experience – Nice to have
• Knowledge of Healthcare/Life Sciences Industry – knowledge of the R&D / Clinical side a plus
• Knowledge and project experience using Life Science data feeds: One Key, MIDAS, DDD, Xponent, Sales Data (national, subnational, …)
• Significant exposure znd deep underlying of technologies: Reltio (MDM, Snowflake (DWH), Informatica (ETL), Mulesoft (integration)
Learn more about us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDcxLLP6XY
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.