Technical Training - Management
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Mattawan, MI, US, 49071
Technical Training - Management Req ID #: 148351 Location:
Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary A Training Manager is responsible for: implementing, leading, and evaluating the technical training program to meet regulatory compliance, animal welfare standards, and business needs; managing the supervisory personnel; evaluating and setting quality and performance standards;
identifying resource needs; and ensuring supervisor skills are maintained and developed.
Essential Functions (The fundamental Duties & Responsibilities of the role (products and services provided/results accomplished) include, but are not limited to, those listed:
· Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include interviewing, hiring, training, and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and completing annual performance review on or before due date; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Contribute to strategic planning as part of the group’s leadership team; oversee development of group’s annual goals; develop, lead, and monitor group’s quality and performance metrics.
· Identify opportunities for process improvements; lead and/or provide oversight for development and projects.
· Establish a collaborative relationship with internal and external customers; communicates group’s vision, strategy, and tactics, to team, management, study directors, other personnel, and external customers.
· Assist in managing resource planning for the group and monitor scheduling/resource allocation; negotiate/align required resources.
· Contribute expertise to training with key company personnel.
· Assist with sponsor/regulatory audits; interpret regulations; oversee implementation of changes required to conform to applicable laws and regulations.
· Other duties as assigned, such as assuming duties of management in their absence. Job Qualifications Qualifications (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to accomplish the essential functions) include but are not limited to:
· HS/GED/Bachelor’s degree with 4 or more years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory operations and training needs, preferred.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Kalamazoo
Job Segment: Training, Manager, Toxicology, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Operations, Management, Science