Medical Writer I (South Africa)
Parexel International Corporation
South Africa - Any Region - Home Based
The Medical Writer I will research, create, edit, and coordinate the production of clinical documents, including model informed consents, interim and final clinical study reports, and safety update reports. The Medical Writer I may provide writing support for more complex clinical documentation, with appropriate departmental supervision. The Medical Writer I may serve as primary contact with clients under appropriate departmental supervision.Qualifications- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences/Health Related Sciences or equivalent understanding of clinical research, the drug development process, and industry guidelines and regulations, e.g. ICH-GCP.
- Good clinical/scientific writing skills.
- Writing experience of regulatory documents such as patient narratives, informed consent forms or similar in a contract research organization, pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm, or some experience in the conduct of clinical research/medical communications.
- Scientific background essential.
- Good word processing skills, including MS Office (proficiency in Word); software and systems knowledge or ability to learn and adapt to various IT systems: document management systems, collaborative authoring (e.g., SharePoint), and file conversion and databases (Excel).
- Fluent in written and spoken English with appropriate attention to phraseology, grammar, and punctuation.