Project Manager I (Aquatic Systems) $3k Signing Bonus
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Bethesda, MD, US, 20892-0602
Project Manager I (Aquatic Systems) $3k Signing Bonus Req ID #: 151435 Location:
Bethesda, MD, US, 20892-0602 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary We are seeking a Project Manager I (Aquatic Systems) for our Insourcing Solutions site in Bethesda, MD. This position is offering a $3,000.00 Signing Bonus!!!
The following are responsibilities related to the Project Manager I (Aquatic Systems):
• Oversees consistent practices of general company and customer’s safety policies and procedures.
• Responsible for Siemens sequence automation modifications, trouble shoot, interact with the company on problems/needs.
• Responsible for the WIMS database installation, upkeep and maintenance.
• Coordinates, monitors, and follows up with construction contractors, husbandry contracts, facility maintenance and any other party relating to facility improvements, repair, renovation, etc.
• Oversees the design and/or testing of needed systems modifications to ensure effectiveness of operations and equipment.
• Initiate requests/scheduling of the facility maintenance and all equipment to ensure proper maintenance, sanitation, and operation. Ensures maintenance of all aquatic support equipment.
• Participates in troubleshooting aquatic support equipment and provides input and action on cause and remedy.
• Ensures that proper environmental conditions are maintained in the facility.
• Ensures that accurate detailed records are maintained utilizing written log sheets and computer databases regarding physical plant performance.
• Prepares and submits required deliverables, written records, charts, logs and statistics, etc. as requested by Project Manager and/or customer.
• Develops, writes, and implements standard operating procedures as it relates to the physical plant and life support systems.
• Manages assigned staff to ensure the proper operation of the life support systems. Assess workloads in conjunction with the husbandry schedule and works with the PMIII to distribute duties appropriately.
• Conducts periodic meetings with staff to keep them informed of current and future projects, policies, and procedures. Works with staff to ensure that all work is performed per the task Statement of Work.
• Conducts or participates in interviews of applicants for open positions.
• Establishes specifications for recommendations for the selection and purchase of equipment. Job Qualifications Education: B.S. in Biology, Biological Sciences, or Marine Biology or Science required. Experience : Minimum four years’ experience working in an aquatic facility environment with life support operations on a large scale (aquaculture). Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory or lead role with specific emphasis on directing and coordinating personnel and tasks, and training. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specific education and experiences listed above. Certification/Licensure: N/A
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Biotech, Program Manager, Project Manager, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Science, Management, Technology