Business Optimization Software Specialist
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Senneville, Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3
Business Optimization Software Specialist Req ID #: 158154 Location:
Senneville, Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Job Summary We are looking for a Business Optimization Software Specialist for our department of Tox . Technical management located in Senneville, Montreal.
The Business Optimization Software Specialist is experienced in the field of software support and is a reference in the technical and scientific sector. He performs specialized tasks with minimal or no supervision.
Responsible for the Business Optimization Software Specialist position are:
• Be autonomous and able to make the right decisions.
• Demonstrate proficiency with procedures and processes related to developing, administering, and validating software systems.
• Handles requests to correct issues related to software design or macros or coding toolset, produce appropriate documentation, and provide user support with minimal supervision.
• Organize the training of personnel related with the operation of coding tools, macros or applications.
• Identify issues or potential problems and work with scientific and technical resources, if necessary, to address, establish and implement appropriate solutions as soon as possible.
• Participates in software development in a lead role [writing code, documentation, and testing], and performing an administrative function as needed.
• Maintain a system of documentation standards to ensure continuity of systems. /
• Ensure that the maintenance, repair and data archive system operates to GLP standards.
• Available for overtime during the week or on weekends.
• Ensures the accuracy and quality of his work and compliance with applicable departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, security procedures and biosecurity protocols].
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications The minimum requirements for the Business Optimization Software Specialist position are:
• Education: DEC or equivalent
• Experience: 3 years of associate experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered an acceptable substitute for the specific education and experience as listed above.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and communicate with other internal or external individuals and work on the computer.
• Employee can move objects weighing up to ~20 kg.
The advantages of working for Charles River:
• Minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
• Paid sick / personal days
• Competitive benefits starting from day one (health and dental coverage)
• Access to a savings and retirement program including an employer contribution
• Free, unlimited, and confidential access to health care professionals for you and your family, through telemedicine app
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Employee Activities
• Volunteering Program (paid day)
• Employee referral bonuses
• Relocation assistance
• Career advancement opportunities and training
• A recognition program
• Positive Company Values & Culture
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Developer, Toxicology, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Science, Research