Surgical Lab Technician 1 1
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Reno, NV, US, 89511
Surgical Lab Technician 1 1 Req ID #: 164391 Location:
Reno, NV, US, 89511 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking a Surgical Lab Technician for our Safety Assessment site located in Reno, Nevada.
The Surgical Lab Technician will be responsible for surgical technical duties, intermediate and advanced surgical procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform or assist in study related and colony surgical procedures.
• Provide training in the operations of advanced surgical equipment.
• Develop new or innovative surgical techniques appropriate to research studies.
• Provide training for minor surgical techniques to advanced procedures and anesthesia course.
• Perform technical duties and study related procedures as required under the direction of the Surgical Laboratory Supervisor or Manager of Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
• Assist in cleaning and maintenance of surgical laboratory, surgical instruments and preparation of surgical packs and equipment to include preparing anesthesia and clinical records.
• Provide anesthesia support to non-surgical studies.
• Perform weekly spore validation of autoclave.
• Maintain equipment maintenance logs and arrange for equipment in need of calibration/validation and/or repair.
• Record and review of required logs.
• Assist in development of SOPs concerning surgical related topics.
• Analyze and develop solutions to surgical problems.
• Adhere to the federal regulations and surgical guidelines related to the care of laboratory animals including regulatory inspections.
• Perform intermediate and advanced surgical procedures to include ports, tethers, SQ implants (pumps and telemetry), intraperitoneal procedures and assist in major (USDA definition) surgical procedures.
• Provide mentoring and training to surgical medicine program trainees.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D).
• Experience: 2 years related experience in a surgical setting.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: A.H.T. or licensed Veterinary Technician preferred.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe
Job Segment: Toxicology, Laboratory, Biotech, Technician, Pharmaceutical, Science, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Lab Technician 3
Pharmacy Technician (Intermittent)
Manager - Sample Logistics - Laboratory Operations
Clinical Veterinary Technician- $19/hr!
Summer Internship - Lab Technician - Serology
Histotechnician - *5K Sign On Bonus*
Study Technician (Research Assistant) Anatomic Pathology
Medical Lab Assistant 1- Tech Ops
University Internship: Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science Lab Assistant Intern
Research Technician Assistant (Animal Receipt) $750 SIGN ON BONUS
Study Technician 2 - Position includes a $2000 Sign On Bonus
Lab Assistant - Microbiology
Lab Assistant - Cytology
Terrestrial Ecotoxicology Technician – Placement Year
Sr. Scientific Associate - Laboratory Sciences (Immunology)
Technician Material Warehouse
Lab Animal Vivarium Facility Supervisor
Rodent Veterinary Technician 1
Senior Lab Data Analyst and SAS Programmer
Senior Maintenance Technician HVAC