Study Supervisor 2nd Shift
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Spencerville, OH, US, 45887
Study Supervisor 2nd Shift Req ID #: 173704 Location:
Spencerville, OH, US, 45887 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary BASIC SUMMARY:
Supervise in-life technical personnel. Schedule animal rooms and assign technical personnel to studies. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform required technical in-life functions of assigned studies.
· Attend supervisor meetings, coordinate work responsibilities with other supervisory staff to meet overall company study workload goals.
· Oversee the review and assure GLP compliance of in-life data books and animal husbandry logs.
· Oversee daily operational activities and supervise a group of non-exempt employees. Ensure optimum group performance.
· Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
· Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
· May assist in development of departmental budget.
· As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
· Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
· Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
· Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
· Perform all other related duties as assigned Job Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
· Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) in Life Sciences related discipline desired. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent desired with a Life Science discipline preferred.
· Experience: 3-5 years related experience in toxicology or veterinary related discipline. Six months to one year in a leadership role desired.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification desired.
· Other: Demonstrated leadership and word processing skills. Effective written and verbal skill
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Toxicology, Manager, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Science, Management, Research
Similar CRA jobs
Associate Director, Study Operations
Inventory Control Associate 1/backshift 10pm-6am
Laboratory Supervisor, Analytical
Research Technician Assistant, Technical Operations (2nd Shift)
FSP Study Management Associate III / ｽﾀﾃﾞｨ ﾏﾈｼﾞﾒﾝﾄ ｱｿｼｴｲﾄ (東京、大阪、在宅)
Supervisor de Campo
Supervisor Sample Management
Core Lab Ops Supervisor
Study Start Up Associate II - home based
Supervisor, GEMS - (Animal Care)
Analytical Group Supervisor - Pharmaceuticals
Initiation Clinical Research Associate (Study Start Up)
Internship: Study Technician- Dose Formulations
Supervisor de Campo: Monterrey
Supervisor - Anatomic Pathology - ASCP Certified
Building and Facilities - Supervisor (Sherbrooke)
Portfolio Director, Study Start-Up – Biotech EMEA
Study Services Associate 1