Associate Manager, Medical Writing
Parexel International Corporation
United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
Parexel is in the business of improving the world’s health. We do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do. We believe in our values; Patients First, Quality, Respect, Empowerment & Accountability.
This role can be based at either our UK Head Office situated in Uxbridge or be fully homebased in the UK or at one of our many EMEA locations.
As the Associate Manager, Medical Writing Services you will be responsible for line management of assigned medical writing staff, including development and retention, either at the local site or remotely. You will research, create, and edit documents associated with the clinical sections of regulatory submissions and other clinical documents. You will also provide project management of the medical writing aspect for their projects and those of their line reports. You may also have responsibilities as a client liaison or partnership lead, and may support MWS management during the sales process by leading client interactions, proposals input, and contract review.
This role would suit a principal medical writer who is looking for that first step into a line management role, with a business that offers a structured career path.
Line and General Management
- Supervise and mentor line reports, including all aspects of MWS personnel management: hiring, training, professional development, periodic/annual performance evaluations, compensation recommendations, promotions, team-building, morale, motivation, and supervision of adherence to departmental procedures and health authority guidance and regulations.
- Validate quality and training compliance.
- Ensure appropriate billable time for line reports.
- Be aware of client expectations for self and team members/line reports.
- Build and maintain collaborative client relationships, to cultivate efficient, productive, and professional working relationships that promote satisfaction and confidence.
- As applicable, manage individual, partner, stakeholder, and customer relationships and their performance; manage partnership operations, relationships, and personnel.
- Set clear objectives for assigned Medical Writing team members/line reports and continuously monitor performance against these objectives.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning/adjustments, delegation of responsibilities, and tasks.
Author Clinical Documents/ Consultancy
- In line with client requirements, gather, review, analyze, and evaluate pertinent resources to prepare, develop, and finalize any type of medical writing deliverable without the need for any supervision or formal training, including those for which little or no regulatory or other guidance is available.
- Advise on medical writing regulatory issues and submissions, as detailed in current ICH, FDA, EMA, and other applicable guidelines.
- Strive to ensure internal and external clients receive a quality product on time, all of the time.
- Ensure projects assigned to line reports are completed with quality, according to SOPs, and on time.
- Keep abreast of new advances in medical writing, regulatory updates, and industry trends.
- Develop training materials and present to MWS staff to enhance writing quality, efficiency, and project management. QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Life Sciences/Health Related Sciences or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical research, the drug development process, and applicable regulatory guidelines and regulations.
- Strong previous advanced level clinical medical writing experience.
- Broad experience in management of complex medical writing projects.
- Understanding of people management: previous line management experience, or equivalent, preferably in a billable service industry where you have managed a Clinical Medical Writing team.
- Project management experience (e.g., planning and monitoring).
- Business awareness/business development experience.
- Knowledge of resource management and productivity metric management.
- Advanced word processing skills, including Microsoft (MS) Office (expertise in Word and competency in Excel); software and systems knowledge or ability to learn and adapt to various IT systems: document management systems, collaborative authoring (e.g., SharePoint), and file conversion and databases (e.g., MS Access).
- Ability to travel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Similar CRA jobs
Regional Account Manager - Neurology - St. Louis, MO
Clinical Project Manager (CPM) & Senior CPM opportunities - Late Phase & Real-World Evidence: Homebased in Spain
SIA (Start Up) Clinical Research Associate - South Africa
Project Manager/Clinical Lead
Clinical Research Associate, FSP - Ontario
Compliance Manager / コンプライアンスマネージャー (国内外スポンサー監査対応）
Associate Manager/ Laboratory Project Services/ Q Squared Solutions
Clinical Research Associate II - Ontario
Associate Sales Consultant -Medical Device Sales Support - Kansas City/Overland Park, KS - FYA01765
Associate Budget Analyst
Associate CRA, DP
Therapeutic Strategy Manager
Associate Clinical Data Team Lead - UK, Spain, Ireland
Research Associate - Immunology ** $1000 Sign on Bonus
Clinical Research Associate, Cardiovascular (Contract, Home Based, Germany) - IQVIA Biotech
Animal Care Associate - Gnotobiotics (Multiple Openings - TEMP - MA) -
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory Manager
Associate Manager, Clin Opns
GCPD Manager, Accelerated CTL Development, Secondment
Associate Sales Director - West