Census Technician 1
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Beaufort, SC, US, 29945
Census Technician 1 Req ID #: 70792 Location:
Beaufort, SC, US, 29945 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking a Census Technician 1for ourInsourcing Solutionssite located in Bethesda, MD.
The following are responsibilities related to theCensus Technician 1:
• Observe group composition and collect reproductive data
• Performs animal husbandry duties including irregular feeding and watering
• Some computer documentation required
• Assist in processing animals and cleaning feeders
• Trapping, tattooing, injecting and weighing animals four times per year
• Operate boats, forklifts and bobcats with onsite training
• Perform animal health observations and reports and documents any abnormal conditions or behavior of animals to the Assistant Project Manager
• Monitors, reports, and documents animal irregularities
• Performs all work assignments in accordance with guidelines established by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and Morgan Island SOP and specific protocol instructions.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned
The following are minimum qualifications related to theCensus Technician 1position:
• Education: GED or HS Diploma required. B.S. Degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology or biological sciences field preferred.
• Experience: One year of experience in animal care preferably with at least six months working with non-human primates. Experience should consist of working in zoos, vet clinics,or nonhuman primate facilities performing husbandry and animal care procedures such as providing feed, water and environmental enrichment, cleaning and sanitizing of cages and equipment and other basic animal husbandry practices as wells as assisting in veterinary technical procedures.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Hilton Head
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: Technician, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Technology, Science, Research