Data Management Lead (Bloemfontein, South Africa)
Parexel International Corporation
South Africa - Any Region - Home Based
* The Data Management Lead provides leadership and expertise in all aspects of Data Management and Clinical Data and Database Programming.
* The Data Management Lead manages the delivery of all relevant data operations activities from database setup through database lock and data transfers.
General areas of responsibility include:
* Coordination of the relevant Data Operations team members and their activities across all geographies, liaising with project leadership, other functional leaders (clinical, biostatistics, medical, medical writing etc.) and the client as a single point of contact to ensure that the contracted data deliverables are being met – specifically in terms of timeliness, financial management and quality. May act as Project Leader for projects involving a small number of services, where no Project Leader is assigned.
* The Data Management Lead is responsible for leading the DM teams to deliver end-to-end quality deliverables of data management activities for including study set-up, conduct and close-out, complying with GCP and applicable regulatory guidance. The DML is also responsible for developing and implementing data management strategy, and capitalizing DM expertise.
Key Duties may include:-
- Lead data management activities for a study - including on time data management deliverables in compliance with GCP's, SOP's and standards
- Ensures Clear, Concise, Consistent and Timeline Communication
- In case of insourcing/outsourcing activities, implement an effective oversight
- Promote global harmonization, simplification and optimization of operational processes and standards and fosters innovation and continuous quality /processQualificationsKey Skills Required:-
Leadership skills that include:
o Building and leading global (virtual) teams
o Ability to work effectively with and motivate virtual teams
o Ability to negotiate and influence in order to achieve mutually beneficial results
o Proven problem solving skills
o Strong communication skills with a diplomatic approach
o Strong ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm, prioritize workload with attention to detail
Previous and proven Data Management lead experience within CRO is essential (minimum 5 years)
Graduate - relevant medical / science qualification