Business Development Director, RWES, US
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Serve as overall sales management leader, relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for leading a sales team toward developing and expanding new business opportunities within their customer accounts.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
• Establish and manage an effective business development program to maximize organization growth.
• Continuously monitor status of Customer Account Plans and business targets to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
• Provide direction and serve as a resource for Business Development staff members, including performance management, career progression, and professional development.
• Utilize established industry network to assist junior sales staff in relationship development and to identify potential business opportunities.
• Collaborate with Senior Management and functional managers as needed to identify operations team members for proposal defense meetings.
• Actively participates in proposal preparation meetings and/or proposal defense meetings as needed.
• Represent respective Sales Team to Senior Management on key business updates related to sales activities on a periodic basis.
• Research and identify target markets, build relationships, perform in-depth presentations, strategic analysis, and execution of implemented plans for IQVIA service lines.
• Ensure that the sales team members are sufficiently trained to meet their job objectives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or scientific discipline Req
• 12 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical), including 3 years of management responsibility Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Proven track record at mid-level and high-level contacts
• Excellent Business/Industry awareness and analytical skills
• Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
• Ability to identify and develop sales leads
• Ability to influence others both internally and externally
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.