Scientific Data Solutions Associate
Parexel International Corporation
USA - Any Region - Home Based
Great opportunity for a highly organized, high energy, project management minded oriented individual to join Parexel's growing Scientific Data Organization (SDO) as a Scientific Data Solutions Associate!
The primary role of the Scientific Data Solutions Associate is to support team responsibilities and activities of the SDO Data Assets team and Director Data Scientist, Data Steward. In particular, this role will support the design and implementation of innovative approaches to leveraging real-world scientific data of both broad and deep patient clinical domains, covering multiple geographic regions and able to support a variety of clinical research needs. This includes supporting the identification and assessment of candidate sources of real-world scientific data, as well as maintaining the SDO Data Catalog up-to-date. This role has the opportunity to develop into an advanced and specialized domain that is rapidly growing in our industry.
Essential Function and Key Accountabilities:
Accountability Supporting Activities
Scientific and Real-World Data Asset Access
• Assist in recognizing gaps in Parexel’s scientific and real-world data coverage
• Identify, assess, and recommend options to expand access to RWD and scientific data to fill gaps in Parexel’s coverage
• Support decision-making on whether to strategically partner with select data providers
• Develop working knowledge of real-world scientific datasets available to the SDO
• Keep specifications up-to-date in the data catalog (e.g., new functionality, changes in coverage, expansion in Parexel’s partnerships)
• Promote updates to common patient counts (non-project)
• Support matching data asset/partner w/ specific project needs (coordinate with SDO Solutions Architect)
• Develop descriptive content that can be used in capability presentations, proposals, protocols/SAPs, study reports, etc.
Develop and maintain working relationships within Parexel, including SDO functional units, business units, Global Data Operations, Legal and Risk Management, Procurement, Data Privacy
• Ensure compliance with operating standards, policies, regulations, SOPs, privacy and data security standards
• Facilitate project-specific contracting needs
Attend SDO team meetings on a regular basis to ensure team objectives are met; ensure the on-going communication to team members of the status of assigned work throughout, including significant changes in scope of work and timelines.
• With guidance, represent Parexel in professional societies and at client interactions
• With guidance, present on behalf of Parexel at key events and meetingsQualificationsSkills:
• Organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer focus (internal and external)
• Familiarity with technical and operational project management support
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a decentralized team
• Ability to set and manage priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Experience:
• Basic knowledge of late-phase / RWE-oriented clinical research or relevant medical / clinical research experience.
• Initial understanding of scientific data application across the clinical research spectrum inclusive of corresponding data access/acquisition requirements, study delivery processes, technology selections and project team resource configurations
• Developing ability to apply scientific data-enabling processes and technologies to support research hypotheses and/or overcome clinical research challenges inherent in any given study design
• Ability to form strong partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders within Parexel’s functional organizations.
• Highly flexible and able to proactively find solutions in high pressure situations.
• Basic understanding of budgeting and cost evaluation.
• Basic or developing knowledge of scientific data and technology environments, including relevant data sources (EMR, claims, registries, health care data bases, sensors/wearables, specialty labs, genomics, etc.), data flows, data repositories, data security, and associated patient privacy/consent provisions.
• Bachelors’ degree required
• Experience in project management preferred
• Experience in medical or data science preferredEEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.