• Human Resources
o Advice and support on a full range of employment law issues including hiring, discipline, terminations, reorganizations and reductions in force, leaves of absence, compensation and benefits.
o Proactively address legal compliance issues impacting the Company’s global operations relating to employee relations, global mobility, labor matters, immigration, expatriate and international assignments, compensation and benefits.
o Draft employment contracts, restrictive covenant agreements, separation agreements, and other employment documentation.
o Review and provide guidance on the development and implementation of employment-related policies and procedures.
o Maintain expertise in the areas of employment and labor law and provide input on policies, procedures and issues relating to legislation and regulations impacting the Company.
o Support development, promotion and implementation of Company’s global compliance program in the region.
o Advise on compliance matters and advise management on compliance program needs across the region.
o Support investigations of suspected violations of Company policies and/or of applicable laws.
o Participate in third party due diligence procedures, review of vendor contracts, compliance training, and communication initiatives and programs.
• General legal; Contracting
o Provide advice and counsel on matters of China law.
o Negotiate and draft various business contracts with a focus on Chinese language agreements.
o Provide support for Legal and Risk Management Department projects and initiatives as needed.
o Ensure documents are processed and appropriately maintained in relevant systems.
o Maintain a positive, results-orientated work environment, building partnerships through teamwork and business-focused communication.
• Ability to analyze complex legal and compliance issues/risks in order to advance practical solutions.
• Excellent legal drafting skills, with affinity for using language to achieve compromise
• Process-oriented and proactive approach to problem solving
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Value the importance of teamwork
• Able to engage team members in order to improve performance and achieve objectives
• Independent worker and self-starter
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and attention to details
• Law degree from a reputable university in China required
• Law degree from US or UK universities required
• Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
• Knowledge of any additional APAC language(s) a plus
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ international law firm or multinational company in-house experience advising multinational companies with operations in APAC