Incredible opportunity to join Parexel’s Scientific Data Organization (SDO). If you have an undergraduate or graduate degree in Data Sciences, Public Health, or Epidemiology, this is a great opportunity to apply your knowledge, receive tremendous training, gain experience, and join a growing area of Parexel!
The primary role of the SDO Data Science Associate is to support team responsibilities and activities of the SDO Data Assets team and Director Data Scientist, Data Steward. In particular, this role will support the design and implementation of innovative approaches to leveraging real-world scientific data of both broad and deep patient clinical domains, covering multiple geographic regions and able to support a variety of clinical research needs. This includes supporting the identification and assessment of candidate sources of real-world scientific data, as well as maintaining the SDO Data Catalog up-to-date. This role has the opportunity to develop into an advanced and specialized domain that is rapidly growing in our industry.
Essential Function and Key Accountabilities:
Accountability Supporting Activities
Scientific and Real-World Data Asset Access
• Assist in recognizing gaps in Parexel’s scientific and real-world data coverage
• Identify, assess, and recommend options to expand access to RWD and scientific data to fill gaps in Parexel’s coverage
• Support decision-making on whether to strategically partner with select data providers
• Develop working knowledge of real-world scientific datasets available to the SDO
• Keep specifications up-to-date in the data catalog (e.g., new functionality, changes in coverage, expansion in Parexel’s partnerships)
• Promote updates to common patient counts (non-project)
• Support matching data asset/partner w/ specific project needs (coordinate with SDO Solutions Architect)
• Develop descriptive content that can be used in capability presentations, proposals, protocols/SAPs, study reports, etc.
Develop and maintain working relationships within Parexel, including SDO functional units, business units, Global Data Operations, Legal and Risk Management, Procurement, Data Privacy
• Ensure compliance with operating standards, policies, regulations, SOPs, privacy and data security standards
• Facilitate project-specific contracting needs
Attend SDO team meetings on a regular basis to ensure team objectives are met; ensure the on-going communication to team members of the status of assigned work throughout, including significant changes in scope of work and timelines.
• With guidance, represent Parexel in professional societies and at client interactions
• With guidance, present on behalf of Parexel at key events and meetingsQualificationsSkills:
• Well organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer focus (internal and external)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to set and manage priorities
• Ability to work with a decentralized team, with a proactive desire to learn from experienced team members
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to align day to day activities with SDO strategy
Knowledge and Experience:
• Understanding of foundational data science principles, techniques, methodologies as well as familiarity with common tools used.
• Basic knowledge of the clinical research process and business, medicines and medical device development, healthcare market and related sectors
• Basic cross-functional experience in the healthcare, scientific and real-world data environment
• Initial understanding of how to apply scientific or real-world data solutions to address clinical or commercial questions and needs
• Basic understanding of budgeting and cost evaluation
• Developing ability to support strategic RWD planning, execution, and policy development
• Bachelors’ degree (or equivalent experience) in data science, biomedical informatics or related field required
• Work experience in data science preferred
• Experience in medical or scientific research preferredEEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.