As a Senior DevOps Engineer in our Systems Team, you’ll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of our Azure Platform, along with the enabling platform automation and enabling technical services to support solution delivery as well as automating away repetitive work.
You’ll also respond to alerts & notifications to investigate issues in our products. You’ll be working primarily on non-production and supporting the release of products into production environments.
You will be responsible for monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit – in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying “I don’t know” and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.QualificationsAzure PaaS/IaaS engineering & development experience
• Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline build, improvement and management
• Hands on & demonstrable experience with cloud infrastructure: Azure PaaS & IaaS, PowerShell & ARM Template Automation, Virtual machine automation for Windows Server and Red Hat and associated infrastructure management layer automation.
• Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting service outages
• Exposure to system and application level telemetry for large distributed & micro services cloud architectures
• Diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput/complex web applications and network services
• Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
• Understanding in building cloud services within regulated environments
• Experience with the following products: Octopus Deploy, TeamCity/Jenkins, Puppet, Mercurial/BitBucket/Git, Specflow, nUnit/jUnit. Knowledge of similar products will also be useful.
• Experience of traditional and on-premise infrasrucure, networking, AD & DNS