Laboratory Manager Immunochemistry Req ID #: 63331 Location:
Montreal, QC, CA, H9X 3R3 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are currently looking for a Immunochemistry Supervisor for our site in Senneville.
• Ensure optimal performance of direct reports.
• Ensure the implementation of performance, productivity and efficiency strategies, including key performance indicators.
• Ensure that staffing needs are met and operational issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Oversee the planning of schedules and future work.
• Ensure that all the tools necessary for staff to carry out their assigned tasks are made available to them.
• Develop effective relationships and partnerships at all levels of the company.
• Responsible for all aspects related to the quality of the department.
• Review and maintain budgets for all designated sectors.
• Identify the areas where the implementation of improved processes is necessary and put them in place.
• Ensure problem solving.
• Responsible for staff development and motivation.
• Research and implement training methods that ensure industry standards are met/exceeded.
• Ensure that company and government health and safety regulations are followed.
• See to staff evaluation and ensure that disciplinary processes are put in place when necessary.
Requirements for the Laboratory Manager Immunochemistry role:
• Relevant experience in personnel management and science.
• Positive leader.
• Good organizational skills.
• Great ability to work in a team.
• Able to make decisions.
• Good time management and prioritization skills.
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Dynamic and creative.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Segment: Toxicology, Biotech, Laboratory, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Science, Management